Dropped my tablet

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Have been using an Android tablet for a little over a year and dropped it a few days ago. The power button and volume control buttons fell off and cannot be used. Fortunately it was on when I dropped it so it is on all the time. Beside the screen being a little cracked, it seems to still work. Was wondering if it is possible to turn a tablet off and on or just reboot it without using the power button. This is no biggie and and just trying to learn if it would be possible to still use this one as a back up. I can post on an Android forum but thought I would post here first. I figure after awhile, it wil lock up and I won't be able to turn it off.

Try snapping the power button back in place, or sticking a similar sized plastic object/probe in it's place to trigger the contacts on the circuit board.

Last edited:
So if the plastic buttons popped off, don't you see the microswitch underneath or circuitry ?

If its a microswitch you can push it gently with a pencil eraser, if its' a circuit, and you have the old button match up the contacts, as basically you will want to join 2 copper paths.

Including a picture could help.

My first iPad (version 1) died that way... I've upgraded to a iPad Pro and I fell last when it isn't near...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forumh

Gotta see the humor in it.

Moses too dropped a tablet thus we only have ten --- commandments.

The faithful event at 1 minute mark.

Back
Top Bottom