Early morning bird walks

retiringat50

Recycles dryer sheets
This coming Sat is my first "chaperoned" bird wallk. Recently joined MA Audubon and planning on "getting back to nature"

Audobon watercolor paintings: If this exhibit ever comes to your area, do see it. It is definitely worth your time. You will be amazed that anyone could paint those pictures in watercolor with such incredible detail and lifelike looks.
Came thru Houston when I was there, and never regretted the time spent at the Art Museum seeing that exhibit...and I don't watch birds or even have a bird.

This coming Sat is my first "chaperoned" bird wallk.

If chaperones are necessary, maybe I should give birding a second look.

If chaperones are necessary, maybe I should give birding a second look.

I was birding on the east coast once and wandered onto a nude beach. Makes you feel kinda conspicuous with the binoculars........

Last edited:
Retiredat50---Please let us know what you see. I've wondered about these myself. But the big question: how early do you have to start?

the one for this Sat is scheduled 8-10am
may need to cancel however due to rain/showers

I've always liked birds being an odd one myself. Been thinking about getting involved with a local birding group too.

Lots of birds right outside our windows. Cardinals have built a nest at the window, so we can watch. Can you identify our location by these birds that we see and hear daily? Carolina wrens (VERY LOUD), cardinals, blue-jays, pileated woodpeckers, blue herons, great egrets, cattle egrets, redwing blackbirds, grackles, black vultures, turkey vultures, mockingbirds, robins, downy woodpeckers, cormorants, and many more.

I do an early morning bird walk at dawn every day when I take the birdfeeders from the barn to their hanging locations.

....Can you identify our location by these birds that we see and hear daily? Carolina wrens (VERY LOUD), cardinals, blue-jays, pileated woodpeckers, blue herons, great egrets, cattle egrets, redwing blackbirds, grackles, black vultures, turkey vultures, mockingbirds, robins, downy woodpeckers, cormorants, and many more.
Well we have scrub jays (kinda like blue-jays I guess), acorn woodpeckers (not pileated, what's that?), redwing blackbirds, turkey vultures, mockingbirds, robins and cormorants plus towhees, black-capped chickadees, oregon junkos, crows, red tailed hawks, Canada geese (flying through), mallards, etc. So I don't think you're in California with those cardinals. Maybe you're on the east coast near water, some place like North Carolina. You can tell I have very limited bird knowledge.

BTW, just signed up for a Spring Bird walk in a local preserve.

Back
Top Bottom