Early to retire, late to this forum

EarlyandLate

Recycles dryer sheets
Hello everyone! I've lurked for a couple of years now, but have had the urge to reply to some posts from time to time, so I made it official.
I'm early sixties, single male, retired off and on since 2010 and now retired for good. I live in a wonderful community in the Atlanta metro area (ITP for Atlantans). I chose this particular place based on a long list of criteria and a year of visiting various places. People not too familiar with Atlanta might be surprised at the attributes of my community. It is highly walkable with nearly everything I need within a few blocks. I use my car on average twice a week. Mass transit is less than a block away and easily takes me to happenings in Midtown. There are lots of walking paths with active construction of new ones and plans to link to the Beltline (walking/biking trail around the entire city). It is a progressive, highly diverse area with ethnic restaurants and groceries from just about everywhere except western Europe (Malaysian, Cuban or Bangladeshi food anyone?). There are lots of electric vehicles and the city provides free chargers. I still drive my beloved 2004 Honda Accord, though.

In the old days, I was a professional scientist and feel very fortunate to have a modest pension that will start in a couple of years and will adequately cover my basic monthly expenses. Everything else I've saved and invested is just gravy!
I had planned to do more travel when I moved here, but then, well you know. Perhaps soon I'll be back on a plane to somewhere. When that happens, I can just step right onto a direct train and pop up in the airport.
In the mean time I busy myself with cooking projects, exercise, reading (mostly nonfiction) and doing some light gardening in my condo community. We have an herb and salad garden maintained by a small group, but all building residents are welcome to partake of the harvest.
Perhaps I'll reply to one of your threads some day. I've certainly enjoyed reading many of them in the past.

Last edited:
Welcome!
Having a pension (secure income) every month is a blessing.
Look forward to hearing more about you.

Back
Top Bottom