Edit Text on iPhone

jazz4cash

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I learned on this forum how to edit text using touchscreen to magnify a bit of text for editing. You could place cursor easily within the magnified bit. That doesn’t work anymore. I guess it went away with a recent upgrade or maybe I need to change a setting or use an app to get that function back

I actually looked around and found an answer. For IOS 13 it works the same but the magnifier effect is gone. When I tap and hold it sometimes lets me place the cursor directly but usually it highlights a section to select for cut/paste/copy.

Last edited:
when editing text on an iPhone and you want to move the cursor, just press and hold the space bar. After a few seconds, you’ll enter a mode where you can move the cursor around the screen to where you want. This makes it really easy to edit what you want.

when editing text on an iPhone and you want to move the cursor, just press and hold the space bar. After a few seconds, you’ll enter a mode where you can move the cursor around the screen to where you want. This makes it really easy to edit what you want.

Space bar. Got it THANKS.

and for earier versions of Ios, just press two fingers on the keyboard simultaneously.

If you press hard on the keyboard with one finger, it turns into a track pad and you can move back and forth and up and down.

Back
Top Bottom