Electronic Proof of Vaccination?

stephenson

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi All,

We’re in the 30 day departure window for Portugal and Germany.

Which phone-based proof of vax are you using?

Success stories would be great.

Thanks!

Our daughter visited us recently and for the UK her California e-vaccination certificate worked. We all then went to Barcelona which required a Spanish Health certificate before traveling which you could do online. I scanned her CDC vaccination card into a jpeg and we used that as part of the online process. It worked great, received approval online and received a Spanish health certificate pdf with QR code.

The UK Covid vaccination pass on our phones worked well to get the online Spanish health form.

At check-in in England to go to Barcelona we all had to show proof of vaccination as well as the Spanish health certificate. Her CDC card worked just fine there as well.

Just returned from Canada. Everyone going to Canada must use the ArriveCan app to upload passport info and CDC vaccination card image. I found it worked smoothly. One tip though: it's easiest to fly into a US border city, rent a car and use a land border crossing. Saves money too since you don't need a covid test to return to the US via a land border crossing. You do require one if you fly back to the US.

Just returned from Canada. Everyone going to Canada must use the ArriveCan app to upload passport info and CDC vaccination card image. I found it worked smoothly. One tip though: it's easiest to fly into a US border city, rent a car and use a land border crossing. Saves money too since you don't need a covid test to return to the US via a land border crossing. You do require one if you fly back to the US.

Was thinking of driving to/from Canada soon. Did you have to do a test to prove not infected before going to Canada ?

I haven't traveled internationally since the pandemic started, but I've set up My IR Mobile to generate a QR code indicating my vaccination status, since Maryland uses it for their state immunization records. However, they only partner with Arizona, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Washington, and West Virginia. There are some options covered in this (paywall-less) article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/trav...orts-travel-faq/#DH7JLILG6JCVXPXY2ZF5LRVYQU-2

Was thinking of driving to/from Canada soon. Did you have to do a test to prove not infected before going to Canada ?
Beginning April 1, a Covid test will no longer be required to enter Canada.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

"Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. Until then, follow the pre-entry test requirements. You must still use ArriveCAN before and after April 1."

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ovid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada

"Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. Until then, follow the pre-entry test requirements. You must still use ArriveCAN before and after April 1."

Yes, they announced the change while I was there. At least I only required the quick antigen test 1 day before entering. In November when I went they required a pcr test 72 hours prior to entry. The ArriveCan app made for a smooth entry but it's one more thing you have to do for travel prep.

While it's true, it's an odd day to make a change like that... Could have done it April 2nd so people would believe it. :LOL:

I have not flown anywhere but I have a photo of my vaccination card including my booster shot in my phone which has worked locally.

Don't try that with immigration. We saw a total meltdown by a woman in the Roatan, Honduras airport because she didn't read the rules and thought a photo on their phone would work. It didn't.

Most international rules require a real vax card (not a photocopy) or approved electronic record on your phone. Of course domestic air has no such requirement - but that's the other thread.

We just used MyIR mobile to get our travel certification for Cayman approved - leaving in two weeks. We ended up printing out the QR code and holding it up to the webcam for the Cayman website to read. Got approved in minutes after that.

Most international rules require a real vax card (not a photocopy) or approved electronic record on your phone. Of course domestic air has no such requirement - but that's the other thread.

We just used MyIR mobile to get our travel certification for Cayman approved - leaving in two weeks. We ended up printing out the QR code and holding it up to the webcam for the Cayman website to read. Got approved in minutes after that.

That was similar for us, including our US vaccinated daughter, traveling to and from Spain. Before flying to Spain and returning to England you could register your travel form online. In Barcelona on arrival, everyone’s details were checked (Spanish Health Form) and in England there were spot checks only on the travel locator form on arrival. The following week the UK travel locator form was discontinued.

You should check the entry requirements as they are changing. When we went to Switzerland in November/December 2021 we uploaded a photo of our vaccine card and paid 30 CHF each for a COVID pass. We had to download a COVID Cert App to our phones and the QR code certificate transferred to App in about 24 hours. The certificate worked in Switzerland and France for entry into public places and events. However, all those restrictions have been lifted now and you no longer need a COVID pass.

You should check the entry requirements as they are changing. When we went to Switzerland in November/December 2021 we uploaded a photo of our vaccine card and paid 30 CHF each for a COVID pass. We had to download a COVID Cert App to our phones and the QR code certificate transferred to App in about 24 hours. The certificate worked in Switzerland and France for entry into public places and events. However, all those restrictions have been lifted now and you no longer need a COVID pass.

I have found this site very useful to check travel requirements:

"View entry restrictions and COVID-19 travel requirements for countries around the world. Choose a country on the map to begin."
https://apply.joinsherpa.com/map

It provides a summary of what's needed (or not) and then links to the travel country's website for an authoritative confirmation. Happy and safe travels!

Hi All,

So, some updates, which generated more questions :)

We fly from Florida to Houston to Frankfurt and terminate in Porto.

Re the COVID Vaccination component of this - we have both been vaxxed twice, and boosted twice. In addition to the goofy CDC card (the world must think we are nitwits), we have photos of it on phones, and we both went through $5 process with gogetdoc/vaxyes to get a QR code (another roundabout) since our state doesn't allow electronic vaccination records (sigh - more nitwittery). Net - we have paper(CDC card and a printed state record), photo, and (synthetic) QR code proof.

Now, on to testing scenario - since the US and Portugal apparently do not have reciprocity agreements, Portugal still requires a "negative RT-PCR Test (or similar NAAT test) - see attachment. My understanding is that the full name of the PCR test is "RT-PCR/NAAT" ... further, that some rapid tests are also NAAT - see the Walgreens attachment. At issue is whether the Walgreens Rapid NAAT Test is also good for 72 hours like the NT-PCR/NAAT as shown in the Portugal entry requirements!

And, Germany apparently accepts vaccination records, without testing ...

This is a bit of a maze, with changing rules ... our concerns can be mitigated by being able to get a non-NT-PCR test 48 hours prior, vice trying to coordinate a 24 hour window.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Portugal requirement.jpg
    Portugal requirement.jpg
    578 KB · Views: 17
  • Walgreens test options.jpg
    Walgreens test options.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom