Enrolled 3 days ago in ACA, no email confirmation yet

John Galt III

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Hi, I enrolled "successfully" in the ACA this past Friday, online, got the successful message on the screen, and my premium subsidy amount, and a reminder that the first premium must be paid to activate the new policy. But I keep getting emails from HC.gov warning me that 12/15 is the deadline to enroll. No email about successful enrollment. I did a get my eligibility notice online, but no email about anything except warnings to not miss the deadline. Anybody get an email acknowledging enrollment? (I don't want to call the 800 number at HC.gov to ask) Thanks

I did not get a confirmation email. I checked the BCBS site where I currently have a policy and the new enrollment is showing there. I have also gotten the warning emails.

My agent told me to ignore those. I enrolled Dec 5. I checked the status using the ID # and it says the application is complete and the status is "Initial Enrollment". I switched to Coventry from an off market Anthem policy. Anthem has been telling me they will auto-enroll me in a new policy if I do not select one by 12/15, today. My agent told me to wait until I am confirmed in the new policy before cancelling with Anthem. Getting a bit nervous about that, but I can always block the autopay I had set up with Anthem before the end of the year and they are clear in saying the policy is not in effect until I make the first payment. Still, I wish this was all over. I would've started earlier, but I couldn't get in for a physical until early Dec and wanted to make sure there were no health issues that would influence which policy to take.

Even though I enrolled on 12/12/2014, three days ahead of the supposed deadline, I just got a bill from my health ins co, for Jan, 2015, that doesn't acknowledge my new enrollment, and new, higher subsidy.The bill is dated 12/12/14. With any luck, I can get them to send a new bill with the correct premium! The slog forward continues..................

Last edited:
I got my letter for payment to the new insurer today, so I paid that online to lock it in. I tried calling Anthem but never got through, so I sent a message online that I was cancelling, just in case I needed some proof of contacting them by the 15th. I'll follow up with a call later if they don't respond.

Didn't go through healthcare.gov, and I did receive confirmation, etc. even have my new card.

But I was still getting the "don't miss the deadline" emails from BCBS through today.

Enrolled last week and it was a breeze. Already received premium notice from insurer and payment made.

I will find out soon, as I attempted 4 different times trying to get my carrier to change my plan they reassigned to me Jan. 1 that I didn't want. They were so bad tossing me around from rep to rep that they admitted the best thing for me to do was just cancel existing new plan and buy it through ehealthinsurance, so that is what I did today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom