Fast food _McD's fish sandwich..shrinking?

Many fast food places conduct a scam when you order a combo meal. They serve you a larger size drink than advertised for the combo and add an upcharge to your bill. They hope you won't notice but if you do, they say that's automatic and there is nothing they can do about it. McDonalds is especially bad about doing this and has class action lawsuits against them in several states.

I ordered the Arbys Crispy Fish Sandwich today, mix and match 2 for $6. It tasted great and I can confirm they are exactly as pictured, the piece of fish is far bigger than the bun. I tried to order yesterday in the app but they don't take Discover however when I stopped in today and they took it without comment.

https://www.arbys.com/menu/top-picks/2-for-6-mix-n-match/

Many fast food places conduct a scam when you order a combo meal. They serve you a larger size drink than advertised for the combo and add an upcharge to your bill. They hope you won't notice but if you do, they say that's automatic and there is nothing they can do about it. McDonalds is especially bad about doing this and has class action lawsuits against them in several states.

Leave it and don't pay.

Anyone remember Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips? That is the only fast food fish meal I have eaten, back when I was younger and not worried about eating fast food :).

I loved that place. Great fish and chips.

I ordered the Arbys Crispy Fish Sandwich today, mix and match 2 for $6. It tasted great and I can confirm they are exactly as pictured, the piece of fish is far bigger than the bun. I tried to order yesterday in the app but they don't take Discover however when I stopped in today and they took it without comment.

https://www.arbys.com/menu/top-picks/2-for-6-mix-n-match/

You know why the Discover card is called Discover?

Cause when you try and use it you discover nobody accepts it.

You know why the Discover card is called Discover?

Cause when you try and use it you discover nobody accepts it.
:LOL:Good one. I don't ever remember having a problem before in the USA but it was a problem when I went to rent a car in the UK a few years ago and I only had my Discover credit and debit cards with me. It worked out for my son though, he charged the rental on his card and collected all the (my) points.
It's probably time to apply for a Visa or Mastercard though since we might be going back later this year.

Last edited:
I've had a Discover card for 50 years. It was my first credit card and the one I still use today. Never, ever had a problem anywhere with acceptance.

I've had a Discover card for 50 years. It was my first credit card and the one I still use today. Never, ever had a problem anywhere with acceptance.
I've had my Discover account since 1986 and when my daughter was a teenager I added her to the card for emergencies. I didn't know it at the time but that built her credit score as well and because I spent a ton of money on that card and paid off the bill each month we both have almost perfect credit.

Anyone remember Arthur Treacher's Fish & Chips? That is the only fast food fish meal I have eaten, back when I was younger and not worried about eating fast food :).

Yeah, great fish, but I didn't like that vinegar stuff they wanted me to put on it.:yuk: I want TARTER SAUCE and lots of it!:facepalm::LOL::cool:

Back
Top Bottom