Fidelity 5 question FIRE calculator - # of yrs left to retirement

AreWeThereYet0

Recycles dryer sheets
someone posted a link to a five question FIRE calculator on Fidelity’s site. It told you the number of years you had left to retirement. I lost the page I had opened and I have searched everywhere and can not locate it. Can someone please provide the link? Many thanks.

Fidelity.com/fire starter/savings-rate

this is a broken link

Hehe, I ran that and it told me to work another year.

This 'calculator' doesn't seem to take into account SS, pensions, or any type of regular income, post-retirement. It seems to use about a 3.33% WR, at least for my age.

The only way I got the calculator to work was to compute the NPV of our pension and SS and include that number in our pre-tax number. It told me we were good to go now with our current spending level or we could work two more years to increase our spending by 30%.:dance::dance::dance:

We retired two years ago, and it says we need to work another two years. Should have a spot for projected SS, Pension, and other expected income, but that would only complicate it for most.

Hmmm, I need $5,518,000 and have 29 years before I can retire...but, but I'm already RE. Now what do I do?

Been retired 7 years and now I need a job! Oh he!! No!

It told me I needed $6.5M and to work for 33 more years (till 91). Why do they even make calculators like this?

I'll just keep on living and hoping that my 2.5% WR continues to work...

I subtracted our pensions and SS’s from our expenses, and it seemed to work fine. Very similar to other calculators.

Well for me at least my pension and SS are a long way off and certainly not guaranteed. I am better off not including them in my calculations.

Says I can retire now, 0 years left.
Good, cuz Friday is my last day.

Stupid beyond belief.

I entered more current assets then it says I need and it says I need 6 more years.:facepalm:

I wonder if the folks having issues are entering things correctly. Some are monthly amounts, some are totals, etc.

Back
Top Bottom