Fidelity Web and App down a long time

COcheesehead

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Longest I have seen it. Going on 30 minutes.

Edit: it’s back.

Last edited:
It been very unstable lately, with this being their second big outage in as many weeks. I generally give vendors a pound of salt, but Fidelity's refusal to give any visibility to their problems(they've been asked to do so on Reddit) is beginning to make me nervous.

I actually would not want them to disclose web deficiencies for obvious reasons.

I actually would not want them to disclose web deficiencies for obvious reasons.

If they explained it in those terms users might be more patient. Just to be clear the website and app were both inop?

It's not disclosing tech details but a high level understanding that Fidelity actually understands their internal issues. Leaving users of a system to become disillusioned about your ability to support the system makes them likely to go elsewhere.

If they explained it in those terms users might be more patient. Just to be clear the website and app were both inop?

You could sign in and use the non essential parts like access to your credit card, the Fidelity forum, but anything related to your holdings or doing buys, sells, etc were not visible.

It's not disclosing tech details but a high level understanding that Fidelity actually understands their internal issues. Leaving users of a system to become disillusioned about your ability to support the system makes them likely to go elsewhere.

I am not sure how generic an explanation you can give and still appease folks. They posted the following:
We are aware that customers are experiencing issues with Fidelity.com, Active Trader Pro (ATP), and our mobile apps. We are working urgently on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your being a customer.

I am not sure how generic an explanation you can give and still appease folks. They posted the following:

We are aware that customers are experiencing issues with Fidelity.com, Active Trader Pro (ATP), and our mobile apps. We are working urgently on a resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your being a customer.
I know their statements.

As a person who trades and was impacted twice in as many weeks:

What is Fidelity doing to prevent a third incident?

Have you identified the core problem to these outages?

Have you, or your providers, instigated any fixes to the problem?

Are my data intact and correct?

Those are the questions I have.

I know their statements.

As a person who trades and was impacted twice in as many weeks:

What is Fidelity doing to prevent a third incident?

Have you identified the core problem to these outages?

Have you, or your providers, instigated any fixes to the problem?

Are my data intact and correct?

Those are the questions I have.
I hear you and I understand what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom