File Lock in McAfee software for Windows

f35phixer

Full time employment: Posting here.
just noticed when opening my McAfee vault that it's going away FEB 2022...

Why is File Lock being removed?
There are other more modern and flexible options of storing files securely. Because these other options exist, and are becoming increasingly popular, File Lock is no longer needed in your McAfee software.

So what are some of the ways (Apps) you store your passwords and all the other documents you want secured on your computer?

I use lastpass, but just felt better using the vault with my passwords for fidelity and TSP...

KeePassXC for website passwords , etc.

VeraCrypt for encrypting large amounts of data, files, etc, largest I have is 900 GB encrypted space. Also have a small 2 GB encrypted space I take when traveling.

thanks Sunset, so basically this would create another drive on my HD? i.e. Y:

thanks Sunset, so basically this would create another drive on my HD? i.e. Y:

You create an encrypted file (a container) and then to use it, you start up veracrypt, pick a drive letter for it and open it up and can add/delete files etc.

It's FREE so give it a try.

I always just make an encrypted file , not encrypt an entire drive, as I want to be able to copy the encrypted file to a thumb drive to take on a trip.

Here is the website for it from the company, directly from my version menu as it's pretty obscure:
https://www.veracrypt.fr/en/Downloads.html

thanks, looking at the tutorial now...

I'll probably just make a drive encrypted... throw docs in it like I do for the vault.

Bitlocker is included with some versions of Windows 10 and works good for encrypting files. From what I've read it's suppose to be included in all versions of the new Windows 11 release.

Back
Top Bottom