FIRE today - 3/22/2021

retire48in2018

Recycles dryer sheets
This is first day of FIRE for us!

Although we planned this to be June of next year, variety of situations changed it to be much sooner. Some of it relates to helping our daughter who is pregnant with only 2 months after delivering 1st...Pregnancy was hard and baby was premie. They were both taking birth controls, but still....She needs help beyond her husband with all the conditions that she has, plus baby 1 and in a few months, baby 2.....

1 lesson learned (perhaps for others who can learn from me!) -

If you are using a company cell phone number, and have that as secure measure, get a new cell phone ahead of retirement date and reset things then!

I did not really think about it until company was taking back their cell phone number. I had to scramble to get things reset on streaming services and financial organizations.

I had to use company cell (due to position) and was not convenient to have 2 cell phones on me all the time, and was just carrying the one cell.

Other than that - it is a little nervous/anxious on this first day!

Congrats on retirement, and on both the new grandchild and the upcoming one.

Congratulations! Retirement and 2 grand babies in one year--how exciting! Hope all goes well with second pregnancy. So nice to be nearby and able to help new Mama :)

Congratulations on retirement and the new grandchildren.

Congrats on retirement and enjoy those grandchildren.
My version of your issue was that I used the company email for some personal stuff and had to scramble when leaving.

Congratulations! The cell carrier couldn't port the cell phone number that you had to a personal account?

Thankfully 2FA wasn't prevalent when I retired 9 years ago... I wouldn't have thought of that but the phone number that I gave vendors for any personal stuff would have been our home landline number. I did have to change cell numbers but that was because if I kept my business cell number (which was he only cell number that I had) then I would have had to go on an expensive contract with AT&T and I didn't want to do that.

Congratulations and welcome to the best part of life!

No, company did not allow me to keep cell number. That considered it “company property”.

It was a relatively unknown policy that is invoked at times. I was unaware of it, and they would not allow me to port it.

I could keep the phone but the number they wanted.

1 Week into retirement -

We're working half days on getting some house projects done. Right now, I'm planning the tiling, and cutting the tiling to size - where DW places the tile and grouts. We're a good team together. Rest of days is variety of items.

Still an adjustment about not going to work early and working late. I don't miss it - but my sleep /active cycle is not in retirement mode.

I did lose track of what day of the week it was - (thought it was Tuesday vs Wednesday). DW find that incredibly amusing.

A cell phone with two SIM slots has its value in case like this. Essentially you have two phones but only one to lose..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom