first day of being FIRE'd

wow thanks for all the kudos and congratulatory remarks... I have learned one thing in retirement... there is never a good time to drive through Atlanta in an RV!

well although that looks like something that would have been fun we drove through there and are in Athens Georgia for a few days before heading to NC

Congrats on joining the ranks of us full-timed unemployed and homeless. It's a blast.

Happy travels.

Congrats and enjoy the traveling. Keep us posted.

Welcome to the club. Your decoder ring and instructions for the secret handshake will be coming in the mail. :cool:

Enjoy ... you will not be able to help yourself.

Excellent...enjoy.

I'll never forget my first day as an escapee, a Wednesday. I'd taken my pickup down to the shop to get the clutch tweaked, and I was sitting in the waiting room happily reading a book and drinking coffee when the desk clerk came in and said she was sorry, but there was going to be a half-hour delay for some reason or other. I said, "No problem…I don't have anywhere else to be this morning." And her reaction was so relieved, as if she could barely believe she'd wasn't about to get chewed out over an unexpected time loss on a day off. When she was gone I had to put my book down and think about that one for a while.

Back
Top Bottom