First Pension Check

Hope you didn't rob TP from your boss also.:dance:

My first few years out of college, I worked a low wage lab technician job and lived paycheck to paycheck. One time I was a few days away from being paid with a low checking account and and took a single roll of TP home from work. I felt guilty about it but figured it was not a big deal. A janitor complained and our entire group got scolded - I was so embarrassed and just kept quiet. These days I actually bring office supplies to work as I am picky about my pens and paper.

It isn't free money if you worked a long career for that pension check.

A pension is just part of a total pay package promise that you earn along the way with your time and hard work.

My megacorp pension requires no $$ contribution on my end but I am working everyday to earn it.

Just like SS.

ABQ2015, DH is also guilty of the "five finger discount" from his job.

Years ago we were just a financial mess. Cars broke, kids needed school clothes, supplies, trying to scrape up insurance money and Christmas was breathing down our necks.

No coffee in the house and payday was three days away. DH took a pack of coffee home from work. We felt awful. We "paid it back" in home made cookies the day after payday. And we started to straighten up our finances from that point on.

I wasn't referring to taking TP home...was never THAT poor, LOL. But over 34 years, whatever gets used at work (and therefore not at home) tends to add up :LOL:

I got my first disability pension check in November. It was celebrated! Took me long enough to qualify. And then I got reimbursed for the months I managed without while they processed my case. Big smile and straight to my index funds.

My first pension deposits posted today!

And retroactive to March based on when my application was submitted (but stalled due to additional requests of info that somehow got 'lost').

I got a notice over the weekend about being a stakeholder in a bankruptcy case at a place I used to work at. Is this another pension I forgot about when I was too young and stupid to think about those kinds of things? Fingers crossed!

Update: I called around today and sign of a pension. I think it was some notice the legal firm just sent out en mass to former customers, suppliers and employees to CYA.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom