Fort Lauderdale area: need real estate advice

patela6

Recycles dryer sheets
Happy Saturday.

Long time since I've posted here...

I'm looking for guides on investment properties in the FL area. I've been to the FL/Miami area ~5 times and have always thought it would be a great place to settle/ER one day (especially FL).

To that end, I would like to explore property investment opportunities in the FL area. e.g.
1. Good/Reputable FL real estate contacts or websites
2. Experiences from folks here on FL investment properties.
3. Any other feedback. e.g. other nice areas on the coast around Fort Lauderdale
4. My 'budget' would be limited to around $1M max (200-300k downpayment)

I would only go forward with this plan if I would at least break even on a month to month basis. Also, I'd like to invest in an area where I would like to ER (read: within a few blocks of the ocean). I'm not limited to Fort Lauderdale, but havent explored all the areas nearby.
I'm open to either house or condo, but think condo would be perfect for ER even with a HOA?: less hassle, more amenities, pool, better protected in hurricane etc

If it matters, i'm in California at present and hope to ER/part time etc within the next 15 years (when I'm ~50 yrs old).

Thank you very much for your time and insights.
WRE
Wannaretireearly Posts: 503Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 pm

Elevation and drainage is everything. Ask the neighbors about the water situation and past problem. Many older home dow there regularly have their streets and yard flood, within feet of their home.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom