Freedom

RetireAge50

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
From some of the recent threads it sounds like being financially independent and retired is not enough.

Need to get rid of all jobs (both spouses), get the kids out (they are expensive and demand time), and maybe get rid of the house (the roof starts leaking).

There we go, now we can roam the earth completely free!

Last edited:
From some of the recent threads it sounds like being financially independent and retired is not enough.

And for some people it isn't. Try not to let others' chosen life styles bother you as long as they aren't interfering with your chosen life style.

No bother at all. The discussion is helpful in that it confirms my thinking of letting go of all that keeps me in a routine. Once I have the cash will "put it in my backpack" and go.

No bother at all. The discussion is helpful in that it confirms my thinking of letting go of all that keeps me in a routine. Once I have the cash will "put it in my backpack" and go.

Be sure to bring along enough to eat to get through the winter......

Into-the-wild.jpg

There are a lot of retirees that are full time RV'ers. With no permanent brick and mortar type home, they go where they want, usually south during winter cold and then around the country rest of the time.

Do what makes you happy. We spend about half the time on the road, then come back to the house to recharge, connect with friends and son, and plan our next direction. In our truck camper, we can spend a lot of time boondocking. Finding places or campsites that are remote saves a lot of money. Most permit harvesting downed wood for fires, so one doesn't need to use propane for cooking. But not everyone can live as such. Had we no family in the area, the house would be sold and we'd be gone.

But there is no such thing as complete freedom this side of the river Styx
lol.

Last edited:

Need to get rid of all jobs (both spouses), get the kids out (they are expensive and demand time), and maybe get rid of the house (the roof starts leaking).

There we go, now we can roam the earth completely free!

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose....

Liberty allows for that.

Into-the-wild.jpg

Thanks for the move tip. I watched it on Netflix last night. Great movie...sad, but he had the right idea. He just needed to learn some survival skills.

Into-the-wild.jpg
Leonard Knight and his Salvation Mountain did a cameo in this movie. He passed away just a few weeks ago, in case there's anyone on the forum who is familiar with him.

When I read about Leonard's death, I recalled the scene in the movie as well.
I have a friend who has wonderful stories of going down to Salvation mountain and helping him out with various chores a few times.

I read about him a few years ago and just had to drive out to Salvation Mountain to meet him. They had recently finished filming his segment in the movie and he was very excited about it. I sat with him in the dark one evening as he excitedly told me about the film he was going to be in (and talked to me about God and love a lot too, of course). It was a dark, starry desert night and as we sat, we heard the sounds of distant explosions. There's some kind of testing range out there, I think.

As your friend knows, meeting Leonard was a very special experience!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom