Friday is my last day at MegaCorp

ScaredtoQuit

Recycles dryer sheets
That's right! I'm taking the plunge - and three months ahead of time at that! But there IS a catch though. I didn't fully reach my financial goals and I have chosen not to ratchet back my lifestyle. So I will be doing an ESR Bob sort of retirement for a few years. I will either consult for four to six months out of each year, take a part time job, or take a full time job with really short hours to keep my initial withdrawal rate really low. I feel particularly inclined to do this because the probability that I am retiring into an economy that might soon turn into a recession seems quite high. However, for the first few months, I'll be doing nothing at all.

So! Here's the big question! Should I change my name to Use2BScaredtoQuit or am I still totally chicken in everyone's eyes??

Good for you, once you get a taste of free time for a few months I doubt you'll want to do anything that has to do with work.

So! Here's the big question! Should I change my name to Use2BScaredtoQuit or am I still totally chicken in everyone's eyes??

Nope, don't change a thing, I am right behind you...

Life is short, how many summers do I have left to enjoy? How many fall color extravaganzas will I yet see, how many spring greenings will confront my eyes? I'll leave winter out for now, I'll probably look for work when things are cold...

You don't sound chicken at all to me. You sound happy. :)

Hey...maybe you can be HappytoQuit.

Congrats...
as a famous person once said ' ... free at last... free at last... '
Welcome to the club!:D

Congratulations ScaredtoQuit. I've got another 123 days in the workforce....but who's counting? Hope everything works out for you.

Congratulations! I FIREd from MegaCorp at the end of May and haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face ever since (as REWahoo predicted). Life ony gets better.

Congratulations! Woohoo!

You won't regret it. Life is way too short to be miserable.

Get on the rainbow road and just keep walking.

TG

Congratulations! My last day will be next Wednesday. (Barely stifled hoot of glee)

Sounds like you're flexible, you'll be just fine.

Sheboyganite

Scaredtoquit,

Would the winning quarterback of the Superbowl change his name just because he won the final game? NOT. You're still ahead of me getting off the treadmill. (Turning green.) And we're ALL wondering about what happens next in this crazy economy, whether FIRE'd or working. Good luck, and have fun.

I am so envious.

I am not happy at my job, and would love to bail, but have no chance of a job that would pay as well as this one without relocating, and I like the area I live in.

I am too far short of my goal to take the leap yet - probably looking at four more years until FI.

My nearest goal is to hold out at this job for 11 more months and then be eligible to continue my employer group health insurance. Beyond that, I figure if I cannot stand this any longer, I can get a lower stress (and probably lower pay) job to make ends meet for a few years.

Congratulations !

Congrats STQ!

Pulling the trigger is tough, I've been there (14 months ago) It has been great for me as I'm sure it will be for you. I am very relaxed now in almost all situations -even on the road w/ the "workers" - no more road rage...I smile and wave! Sleep great and still enjoy at least 3 naps a week -- I am sure these naps will increase over time!
Breath deep and enjoy!

Donzo

o! Here's the big question! Should I change my name to Use2BScaredtoQuit or am I still totally chicken in everyone's eyes??
No, it's hard to quit.

How about "NotScaredToQuit" or "ScaredToQuitNoMore?

ScaredtoQuit, I am very happy for you. You can now enjoy life to the fullest!

Congratulations. I admire your courage and wish you the very best. I don't have that kind of courage quite yet.

Back
Top Bottom