Friend is trying to get me into his annuities

Here is his latest pitch to me after telling him I'm fine with what I got. Its got all the classic high pressure sales points. Gee, I could make 12% risk free!! Wheeeee

I could argue that I made a bunch too, but I'll never put another dime on wall street. I dumped all of my severance from Motorola plus all the commissions that were due upon my termination. Lows like that are easy to identify, as are the highs like right now. It may go higher, may. As the market came back, that segment of the portfolio made a huge contribution to replacing paper losses from the crash.

Nowadays I have any number of secured investments that pay 12%+ year in and year out with very little risk and no correlation to wall street or even to the general real estate segment.

I think a blind chimp with a dart and the stock tables would have done well the last 5 years. A rising sea floats all boats.

Anybody here know where or what can pay 12% risk free:confused: Of course not. I think he is ridiculous, but I have to admit he has a heck of a nice yacht. . .

Last edited:
Here is his latest pitch to me after telling him I'm fine with what I got. Its got all the classic high pressure sales points. Gee, I could make 12% risk free!! Wheeeee

I could argue that I made a bunch too, but I'll never put another dime on wall street. I dumped all of my severance from Motorola plus all the commissions that were due upon my termination. Lows like that are easy to identify, as are the highs like right now. It may go higher, may. As the market came back, that segment of the portfolio made a huge contribution to replacing paper losses from the crash.

Nowadays I have any number of secured investments that pay 12%+ year in and year out with very little risk and no correlation to wall street or even to the general real estate segment.

I think a blind chimp with a dart and the stock tables would have done well the last 5 years. A rising sea floats all boats.

Anybody here know where or what can pay 12% risk free:confused: Of course not. I think he is ridiculous, but I have to admit he has a heck of a nice yacht. . .

As I observed earlier, this dude is all sales creature. No matter what objections you raise, he has a schpiel to batter them down and try to close the sale. The only way to end it is to stop engaging with him.

I think Greek bonds pay at least 12%. Want some?

I told him that if he knew where these 12% risk free devices were, why doesn't he just borrow money at 6% and invest in them and get a guaranteed 6%. Would save him the bother of trying to sell them to other folks.

I told him that if he knew where these 12% risk free devices were, why doesn't he just borrow money at 6% and invest in them and get a guaranteed 6%. Would save him the bother of trying to sell them to other folks.

I like this! I was going to suggest asking him to provide a guarantee, back by his personal assets, of the returns being 12% for life. I like your idea better!

Back
Top Bottom