Frugal People are More Attractive....:)

Great story and I agree 100%. A money "waster" loses my respect. I really liked the part about tipping a waiter......As in the story, I respect everyone working for a living and although I consider myself "prudent", I always tip good service 20% at in-expensive restaurants. thanks for posting.

Great story and I agree 100%. A money "waster" loses my respect. I really liked the part about tipping a waiter......As in the story, I respect everyone working for a living and although I consider myself "prudent", I always tip good service 20% at in-expensive restaurants. thanks for posting.

Thanks FinanceDude...regarding tipping, I, too, tip 20% when eating out, and to motel/hotel maids. I have compassion for the service industry; to this day, I remember that job as a motel maid at the tender young age of 16.

I have always said this to my spouse. She is extremely attractive!

We focus on value much more than we do on cost.

I have always said this to my spouse. She is extremely attractive!

That's the case here too. When we were dating DW-to-be came over to the house and I noted that she had a small hole in her jeans. She said "I know, but I hate shopping".

So I immediately fell to my knees and proposed.:LOL:

Well, it didn't happen exactly that way, but I think it significant that I remember that after almost 30 years.

In the 80's I drove a 79 Corolla and had maybe five suits at a time, some of which wore pretty thin. I did however, max out in the 401k plan. George (not his real name) have 15 or more nice suits, monogrammed pressed shirts, a new Lexus, but could not afford to put a dime in the 401k plan. I married a frugal woman who puts up with me. George had a trophy wife who's daily routine involved going to the spa, finding the trendiest restaurant for dinner and clothes shopping. Wonder how he is doing today?

Love this! I've always been thankful that I married a good-lookin' thrifty guy. :) And the tipping comments are interesting; I'm a big cheapskate and so is hubby, but we always tip at least 20% and often more.

DH took my breath away before I knew his feelings about finance.

Last edited:
He was tall, lean, blond, blue-eyed, and drove a horrible old beater with dented sides and ripped back seats. And I overheard him advising somebody else in the office to use her low-interest-rate savings to pay back her 22% credit card debt.

So maybe frugality had something to do with it :LOL:

Amethyst

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom