Funniest Comment Someone Has Said About Your FIRE?

That is a good one. I'll have to use it sometime.

I had a female colleague tell me all the reasons I shouldn't retire and she ended up saying I would never admit to being unhappy later on. :LOL: Unlikely she would ever admit that someone could be happy with early retirement.

Just jealousy I say. IMHO, by the time many folks are in their 50's, they are tired of working for various reasons and the ones who can't retire financially will put down those that can. Then there are the workaholics who can't imagine doing anything else with their time.

Just jealousy I say. IMHO, by the time many folks are in their 50's, they are tired of working for various reasons and the ones who can't retire financially will put down those that can. Then there are the workaholics who can't imagine doing anything else with their time.

Actually I think she had the hots for me and didn't want to see me go. :D

Actually I think she had the hots for me and didn't want to see me go. :D

Well there you go. I see you retired 11 years ago. Good to keep those fantasies going....:greetings10:

After a year of FIRE, my niece who is in our will said "so how much am I gonna get if you live a long time?"

After a year of FIRE, my niece who is in our will said "so how much am I gonna get if you live a long time?"

Just tell her the longer you live the less she gets.........oh, wait..is she armed?

I know, how many poisons are undetectable? Lesson to keep beneficiaries a secret.

Always make sure you are worth more alive than dead. Motivating others to take interest in, benefit from or pursue any different outcome is never a good idea. :)

Always make sure you are worth more alive than dead. Motivating others to take interest in, benefit from or pursue any different outcome is never a good idea. :)

"He's a fool who makes his doctor his heir" (Ben Franklin)

I had a female colleague tell me all the reasons I shouldn't retire and she ended up saying I would never admit to being unhappy later on.
IMO, a good number of people after working so many years whether they like their job or not, have invested their identity and life purpose in the job. Retiring early or much later presents a big challenge to your daily life. On the other hand, there are some people who REALLY love working and would continue do it until they die.

Motivating others to take interest in, benefit from or pursue any different outcome is never a good idea. :)
I lived in Thailand for 8 years and would hear a few stories about foreign men revealing to their young Thai wife their retirement nestegg worth who later would meet an unfortunate "accident". Those are only the stories that got out when the late husband's family investigated their demise.

You're right, i'm changing my will.

Back
Top Bottom