Gapapentin and blurred vision

FloridaJim57

Recycles dryer sheets
Has anyone who takes Gabapentin noticed blurred vision as a side effect? I take it for neck arthritis and am thinking of tapering off for that reason. How long did it take for normal vision to return?

Has anyone who takes Gabapentin noticed blurred vision as a side effect? I take it for neck arthritis and am thinking of tapering off for that reason. How long did it take for normal vision to return?

That is awful, hope it all gets better.

Be sure to call your doc, as I just read suddenly stopping it can worsen some side effects :eek:

Reminds me, long ago Doc put me on a new med, and I tried it for 2 weeks and didn't like it so I just stopped it cold turkey. Next time I saw the Doc, I got a shocked reaction from the Doc when I said I just stopped it suddenly, turns out some folks have big problems when doing that. I was lucky I guess.

I take a small amount of Gabapentin occasionally for restless leg syndrome associated with Parkinson's. I follow info online about it and note that a lot of people take large doses (>600mg). So far, I only need 100mg (or 200mg if I have a glass of wine). Blurry vision is reported as a common side effect, but it usually subsides within a few weeks. I would talk to my doctor about how long to continue to see if the vision will clear.

No but do feel a little woozy from the 300mg cap I take nightly. Worth it to me as I sleep better & it has greatly reduced my am back pain I've suffered with for years

My PCP had me try it for my back pain - likely due to stenosis. I was taking as much as 2gm per day and did not notice that side effect. However, the stuff did make me "fuzzy" in my thinking. I've stopped taking it since I got my back stimulator. I read about not coming off it suddenly so I tapered off. YMMV

My PCP had me try it for my back pain - likely due to stenosis. I was taking as much as 2gm per day and did not notice that side effect. However, the stuff did make me "fuzzy" in my thinking. I've stopped taking it since I got my back stimulator. I read about not coming off it suddenly so I tapered off. YMMV
Did it help your tinnitus?

I recently started taking 300mg of Gabapentin for nerve pain. The first couple of days I was woozy and had some blurry vision, but now I don’t have that anymore. I do now take it just before climbing into bed.

I take 2800mg daily, for of all things, nerve pain. Never noticed blurry vision or woozy.

Back
Top Bottom