Gave notice on Tuesday!

Congratulations!
I’ve really enjoyed your posts and always appreciate you sharing your medical knowledge with the forum.

Congratulations disneysteve! You and I will be on the same timeline roughly. I’m looking at end of July and then going limited hourly thereafter to help make a successful transition (for them and for me).

Thank you for your service for the entirety of your career, but in particular the last two years which has been punishing in many fields, but the medical field is in a class all its own for the impact. Truly, THANK YOU.

I look forward to sharing our respective journeys in the months ahead!

Congratulations, Steve. I hope that you enjoy your retirement as much as I do.

Also, I am another one that wants to thank you for your medical contributions on this forum and in your practice.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and good wishes and especially for the kind words about my contributions here. I'm glad to know they've been appreciated.

The most depressing thing about the OP is how short the time is until August! Summer is almost over and it hasn't started yet.:facepalm:
Congratulations!

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing how things go for you after you cut back your hours. I hope you enjoy all of that time!

Congratulations, disneysteve. It’s nice you’re able to ease out of your career so the transition is not so jarring. It was a little bittersweet for me when I allowed my licensure to lapse, but it was also a relief. No second-guessing myself, no going back. You will enjoy this next phase of your life.

I
So as of August 10 or sooner, I'll be per diem. No more scheduled or required work hours. I do plan to continue doing 4 or 8 hours per week on average to keep active and up to date on things, bring in some money, and be able to continue contributing to the 401k at least to get the full company match. And if I find that we truly don't need that income, then I'll cut back more or stop entirely. It's great to have the option to gradually phase out like this.

Awesome and congratulations! My DH kept a small consulting business from home and will stop in Dec. 2022. It kept him in touch with colleagues who were friends and somewhat active in his field. We're now looking forward to more travel and fun hobbies.

Congratulations! I will be a month behind you. Thanks for sharing your story. Hope you enjoy the next few months. It feels just around the corner.

Good for you. I am working enough per diem to cover employer health insurance and a little more which is working out nicely. The group plan is better than ACA.

You might need the 4 or 8 hours so you don’t get bored.
I absolutely would not be bored if I stopped completely. That said, I've been at this job for 6 years now and I've learned that there's only so bad that a 4 hr shift ever gets because it's pretty much over before you know it even if it's crazy busy. Even better if it isn't a closing shift and someone is coming in to relieve you at 1pm or 5pm. I think I might actually like the job more if all I do is 4 hr shifts.

Good for you. I am working enough per diem to cover employer health insurance and a little more which is working out nicely. The group plan is better than ACA.
That's a great option. Unfortunately I'd have to be part time at 20 hours to have coverage.

Yeah the last 2 years were the most difficult of my career by far. Had they not happened, I might not have been at least a little less eager to get out.

Although in a totally different field, I can absolutely relate to this sentiment. With COVID and business in general, the aggravation has reached a tipping point.

Congrats, the light at the end of tunnel just got a whole lot brighter for you. :D

That's a great option. Unfortunately I'd have to be part time at 20 hours to have coverage.

I guess an advantage of working for a small group is that they have no preexisting rules. As long as I pay they have no problem keeping me on the plan. :)

I guess an advantage of working for a small group is that they have no preexisting rules. As long as I pay they have no problem keeping me on the plan. :)
That's great. I wish that were the case for me. We have great coverage but COBRA would be 2K/month so that's out.

And more congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom