Gen Z and "Buy Now, Pay Later" services

The federal debt-to-revenue ratio is 7.6x, meaning it would take the government over 7 and a half years to pay off its existing debt, if 100% of revenue went to servicing the debt.

With that in mind, it's very debatable whether Treasuries are truly risk-free.

So BFF is actually in better shape than the gummint (except he can't print money.) His ratio is more like 6x. Of course, at age 77, he never really plans to pay it off - just like the gummint. I guess he learned from the experts.:LOL:

Some people apparently think if you die in debt, you win.
The bigger debt, the better. :angel:

Yeah, I think BFF was the one who first said "He who dies with the most toys wins!" As far as I know he has very little life insurance and I have no idea how his DW will deal with his death. Full disclosure: She's is a big part of why he (they) are in such deep debt. She has a spending addiction just as he does. Her spending is mostly "small" items while his are a few big toys. It's a marriage made in heaven.:facepalm::LOL:

Oh my...thanks for sharing, Ko'olau! And I'm a big fan of the Law described in your sig :)

MC Rider - reminds me of the tagline on the book Die Broke by Stephen M. Pollan and Mark Levine, which read "The last check you write should be to the undertaker—and it should bounce!" That tagline was so inflammatory, I almost didn't read it! But fortunately, there was a lot more wisdom in that book than in the tagline and title.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom