Getting Rid of Old Software CDs

Of the CD's I've tossed out, about 5 of them were of programs (some I purchased, some were freeware) that was supposed to make a good image or clone of a hard drive.

Back then, the process was pretty much hit or miss. I [-]wasted[/-] spent this morning and afternoon trying to restore a hard drive image using one fo the CDs of something made years ago only to go as far as concluding that the image was corrupt :facepalm:.

At least in today's world, there are some good free program to handle this task.

So am I ok if I trash all of these AOL cds? Don’t want to violate some licensing agreement…

Believe it or not, two or our family member still use AOL! :facepalm:

Funny that you mention, as I just found one of my old CDs that contained webpage stuff like buttons, arrows and such, plus of course free 50 hours to try AOL.

I can't recall if I bought the CD for the webpage stuff or the 50 hours free trial.

The going through old CDs makes me nostalgic for the golden days :popcorn: of personal computing and going online. The sounds of a dialup modem and tying up the phone line to get online.

I maybe have got the CD mostly for the AOL free time as for years, my primary online service was Prodigy. I knew AOL was more robust, but the cheapskate in me went with the cheaper service until I finally relented... memories :).

The going through old CDs makes me nostalgic for the golden days :popcorn: of personal computing and going online. The sounds of a dialup modem and tying up the phone line to get online. ...

DW had a parakeet that loved to mimic the sounds of the modem. Always made me laugh. Her cockatiels would echo the click-click of a little rotary in-line switch for a small book case lamp I'd turn off before going to bed. It took me a while to really be sure I heard that, or where it was coming from.

-ERD50

If you have a garden, CDs tend to be good bird deterrents if you hang them by a string on something. As they move around, the light will flash and birds tend to not like that. Last year, I lost almost no blueberries to birds.

Back
Top Bottom