global entry.org

I could see the benefit of Global Entry if traveling with carry on luggage only but for most of my international travel (mainly through LAX) it is extremely rare when my checked in luggage is waiting for me on the carousel after going through customs so I don't see it getting me out the door any quicker. Am I missing something?
For LAX, at least, I can certainly support this. I fly into and out of LAX from/to Asia every year. This year, I had to wait a long time in the immigration line as some folks in my line were *really* getting scrutinized (at one point the line did not advance by a single person for 15 minutes as a couple and a single were getting reamed by two different officers! One was led into one of those white rooms). I think the total wait in line might have been 35 minutes, which might be the longest I ever waited coming into the USA. The bags had not even started coming and did not start for awhile after that. The exact same thing the year before (although shorter immigration line). I don't remember before that except that the bags take a long time on international flights there.

For LAX, at least, I can certainly support this. I fly into and out of LAX from/to Asia every year....

I try to use SFO as my gateway to that region. This is one of several reasons.

On most occasions when I have returned, my checked luggage is already waiting on me even when I fly through the Global Entry lines. Oddly, at least to me, this is much faster than they are able to get domestic checked bags to baggage claim.

Any of the AMEX cards.

I did look into it and was told by Amex support that the fee reimbursement only applies to specific Amex cards, and mine was not one of them. This is what the Amex web site states:

"The application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre is available to American Express Gold Corporate Card Members, Consumer Platinum Card® Members, Corporate Platinum Card Members, and Business Platinum Card Members."

Hmmm. OP here.

Since I am a dual citizen, maybe I should just wait in line like everyone else. Not sure what sort of issues would pop up.

In LAX, there is already improvement. No long lines to check entry registration and passport. Just one line on Exit.

We are both dual citizens and never had a problem. We came into LAX a few days from Australia and there were many machines with no one using them. Easy peasy, no problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom