Global Entry Permits--Worth $100??

But TSA Pre is still available for Global Entry permits. Right? The article makes no mention of it.

According to the website Global Entry is eligible for TSA Pre. We signed up for TSA Pre a couple of years ago and think we've gotten our money's worth from it already. Shortest time through security was <1 minute (just walked right through). Longest was about 12 minutes when the regular line looked to be about 1/2 hour. The majority has been <5 minute wait. We'll definitely look into Global Entry when our TSA Pre expires.

I've had it for about 4 years and mainly got it for border crossings at bridges. It costs another $40 (or it did) for each car you want to register. It certainly speeds crossings there. I have used it at various airports and find it speeds things up a bit but I'm not usually rushing to get to the gate so doesn't make a huge difference. Travel within and out bound from Canada one is not usually having to remove shoes or belts anymore and we have had the same experience in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom