Golf Thread........I eagled a par 4!

Not great. 78 with one birdie. The score doesn't sound bad but this group plays the short tees so not really that good. Played much better earlier this week. But, there is always tomorrow. ;)

I can't play with you guys, I'm not that good........:(

I would guess if I played a lot, I could get down to a 7 or 8 handicap, probably around a 13 now........

I can't play with you guys, I'm not that good........:(

I would guess if I played a lot, I could get down to a 7 or 8 handicap, probably around a 13 now........

You could easily play with this group. Out of 12 golfers in our normal gang of guys, I'm considered the best. Another guy is real close and then it drops off from there. We have a couple of 'oldies' that can't hit it out of their shadow. :blink:

Damn you young guys! :) I played a "charity event" and in a four man scramble we only scored 1 under...had a bogey :nonono: and I had my drives done in 3 hoeles!!!!! OMG!!! Serious alcohol issues...of course I was the leader of the pack.....................but I had fun :LOL::LOL::LOL:

isn't life good.............great hamburger too....:cool::cool:

You could easily play with this group. Out of 12 golfers in our normal gang of guys, I'm considered the best. Another guy is real close and then it drops off from there. We have a couple of 'oldies' that can't hit it out of their shadow. :blink:

I usually play from the blue tees, so you say I can move up to white? Then, I'm there..........:)

Damn you young guys! :) I played a "charity event" and in a four man scramble we only scored 1 under...had a bogey :nonono: and I had my drives done in 3 hoeles!!!!! OMG!!! Serious alcohol issues...of course I was the leader of the pack.....................but I had fun :LOL::LOL::LOL:

isn't life good.............great hamburger too....:cool::cool:

I have two more scrambles next week, so we'll see how it goes. I'm usually brought for my distance, wonder what will happen when 280 yards plus goes away, maybe no more scrambles......:LOL:

Substitute a wood for your 4 iron?:D

Nah, 4 iron is only 205 or so......:)

With my scramble winnings ($100 in the golf shop), I was able to pick up a new 60 degree Vokey Titleist wedge, man it hits sweet........;)

I never have played golf, but I've driven the beer cart a couple of times. :greetings10:

That's a 5 wood for me. Of course I'm old.:'(

I never said my 4 iron flew straight........:)

Before I took some lessons and figured out what I was doing wrong, my golfing buddies used to say: "NOONE hits it farther OB than you, NOBODY.........:(

We played a course in central Wisconsin once that had a bunch of homes being built along a fairway on a par 5. I hit the ball so far left it missed the house and hit a pickup on the street to the left of the house. I figured I hooked the ball almost 100 YARDS that day.......:nonono:

So, free beer AND a pretty girl! I do believe that would qualify as something to do with karma or planetary alignment.... :LOL:

This will be a great golf week!. Tuesday my group is playing one of our regular courses as a tuneup for Thursday. We are playing in a tournament sponsored by the FL State Golf Assoc (FSGA) called the "once a week tournament". First one we were able to get in. Every week they run a tourney at different courses and they are all top drawer including the TPC of Tampa Bay. Those top courses cost $50 including prizes, etc. You have to have a GHIN handicap which is sponsored by the FSGA. We're playing a course called Tampa Palms ($45). I've been having trouble with distance and decided last week to make some changes. Had all my clubs regripped with jumbo grips to cope with my arthritis. Had 2" add to my driver length. Time will tell is this works. Tried it last Thursday and it did pretty good. Tomorrow will be the next test and then the tournament. I've been wanting to get a new driver but a few questions remain. I'll never again buy a driver off the shelf. You've got to be fitted and that costs money. Golf Magazine has an article on a new driver coming out that sounds just right for me. It's a Cleveland Launcher Ultralite developed for slow swingers. Max 85 mph swing speed. 12 degree loft and 46.5" shaft. However, looked at all the golf shops and nobody has one. So, I'll have to get by with my reworked driver. I'd love for this to work as it would save me about $300 for one of the new drivers. Wish me luck.

This will be a great golf week!.
Good luck, neighbor. I have an open invite to play Tampa Palms but my game's not up to it yet. One of my FIRE goals is to shape up my game and get out regularly. So I stick to Rocky Point, Babe Zaharias, and occasionally Eagles and other private ones.

This will be a great golf week!. Tuesday my group is playing one of our regular courses as a tuneup for Thursday. We are playing in a tournament sponsored by the FL State Golf Assoc (FSGA) called the "once a week tournament". First one we were able to get in. Every week they run a tourney at different courses and they are all top drawer including the TPC of Tampa Bay. Those top courses cost $50 including prizes, etc. You have to have a GHIN handicap which is sponsored by the FSGA. We're playing a course called Tampa Palms ($45). I've been having trouble with distance and decided last week to make some changes. Had all my clubs regripped with jumbo grips to cope with my arthritis. Had 2" add to my driver length. Time will tell is this works. Tried it last Thursday and it did pretty good. Tomorrow will be the next test and then the tournament. I've been wanting to get a new driver but a few questions remain. I'll never again buy a driver off the shelf. You've got to be fitted and that costs money. Golf Magazine has an article on a new driver coming out that sounds just right for me. It's a Cleveland Launcher Ultralite developed for slow swingers. Max 85 mph swing speed. 12 degree loft and 46.5" shaft. However, looked at all the golf shops and nobody has one. So, I'll have to get by with my reworked driver. I'd love for this to work as it would save me about $300 for one of the new drivers. Wish me luck.

2 inches added to your driver will change your plane dramatically. Be sure to swing smooth. I once had a 48 inch driver my uncle used (6'6") but I got rid of it quick because the bad drives were two fairways away........:ROFLMAO:

If you're going to be drinking beer and golfing, you'll need one of these:

YouTube - Golf Club Fail

(please forgive the fact this is also posted on funny vid thread...I just couldn't resist)

Purron I watched that video and was mildly amused. Then I showed it to DH and he laughed out loud. Just showed it to DS who's home visiting for a couple of days and he busted a gut laughing and wants it forwarded to him. :)

Back
Top Bottom