Good Evening from CBS ABC NBC NPR FOX CNN MSNBC PB

Re: Good Evening from CBS ABC NBC NPR FOX CNN MSNB

PS I would not invest in Martha right now.
So would you short MSO?

Her business situation & fan base seems to defy the application of logic.

"Kill Bill Vol 2"

Nords, Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2 were the only movies I have liked for a long time.  You really should rent Kill Bill 2. Martha
Well, I finally got around to it. Not as much surprise & impact as Vol I, but still an instant classic!

I'm glad I didn't buy a theater ticket; dalogue rewind & slow-motion frame advance was essential. It amazes me that Darryl Hannah has made a career out of roles like that.

Considering all the sea-duty movies that I've watched, I feel very sorry for submariners named "Bill".

NPR, NYT online, Barron's.

accept WSJ and Business Week donations  

TV lent out

Network news: only time would consider watching...i.e., staying in a hotel, nothing to do at 6 or 11 pm, remember colleagues refer to partic. commercials, would watch the networks to see if I could catch any of those clever commercials.

I do get the Sunday Los Angeles Times, regularly check CNN, sometimes listen to NPR but most of all I read

The Economist

BBC incl. news.bbc.co.uk

But most of all TELETEXT, a great invention that never made it from Europe to the US it seems. Its been around for 20+ years, and like the web its a page based info service. It uses the sidebands of TV broadcasts to carry extra text based semi-interactive info.

I watch Japanese television news (NHK, TBS, JNN, others), and read the Asahi Shimbun daily. We also get CNN, BBC and Fox via cable; the BBC is generally watchable (though I don't have much interest in British internal affairs, so don't tune in very often), but the other two drive me absolutely nuts within seconds of tuning in. What a bunch of idiots.

Bpp

CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, and CNN during the day. In the evening local news. Over night the BBC World Service on the local PBS FM station. I also have a shortwave radio and listen to Radio Australia and Radio New Zealand early in the mornng here. Although there has been a decline in the number of countries that broadcast on SW, SW radio still gives me a different perspective on the world news :D

Back
Top Bottom