Good Night Oppy

2HOTinPHX

Full time employment: Posting here.
Just watched Good Night Oppy on Amazon Prime. Anyone else seen it? What a great documentary on the Mars rovers and the brilliant people involved. Truly one of man's greatest feats. 3 months of planned exploration turns into 15 years of the little Robot that could...two thumbs up here [emoji106][emoji106]...
https://youtu.be/ggRJlI0GEcM

Last edited:
Yes, I watched Good Night Oppy a couple months ago. A great documentary. I will admit I had tears in my eyes by the ending of it. Well worth the time to watch it.

Yes, I watched Good Night Oppy a couple months ago. A great documentary. I will admit I had tears in my eyes by the ending of it. Well worth the time to watch it.
I had the same reaction at the end. [emoji24]
Wife wasn't watching but noticed my watery eyes...she commented "but it's just a Robot".
Honey you should have seen what that little Robot went through on Mars for us here on our little comfy warm planet.

Last edited:
Worked @JPL 27+ years and knew a few of the people involved, (not many, retired 15 years ago and there is a lot of turnover) but there has been many a shedding of tears over robots over the years, some happy some not so happy. Good to have happy tears.

Robots/probes are the extension of our consciousness in the universe.

I guess I feel a bit the same way about Voyager 1. What an amazing story - who's ending has not yet been written.

yes. saw it back in 10/22. DW and I volunteer at the twin cities film festival every year. we get to see some amazing films and this was one of them. did not know the story of the rovers before seeing the film.

DW and I just finished it. I'm not usually much on documentaries, but I was fascinated by the rovers over a number of years. It was an amazing story, and I thank you all for recommending it. I haven't gotten a tear in my eye during a robot movie since the original The Day the Earth Stood Still. Maybe a sniffle during Wall-E.

Last edited:
DW and I just finished it. I'm not usually much on documentaries, but I was fascinated by the rovers over a number of years. It was an amazing story, and I thank you all for recommending it. I haven't gotten a tear in my eye during a robot movie since the original The Day the Earth Stood Still. Maybe a sniffle during Wall-E.
Glad you enjoyed it. I thought someone was peeling onions in the house when it ended.... [emoji23]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom