Good online tax calculator, updated for 2018?

RenoJay

Full time employment: Posting here.
Apologies if this subject has been covered. I'm trying to do some tax estimation, and the online calculators I'm finding are either too simplistic or are asking about 2017 income/deductions which makes me believe they're not updated with the new tax law info. Does anyone know a free online tax estimator calculator that is updated for the new tax law AND is sophisticated enough to separate things like long/short term cap gains, self-employment income, etc.? Thanks.

google "mortgage calculator 1040" (also known as Dinkytown calculator).
Both Taxcaster and the HR Block tax calculators take inputs and give 2017 outputs but they also give the very last step both 2018 & 2017 results.

Thanks, everyone. Yes, I did just check taxcaster (my goto calculator) and indeed, on the very last page it shows results for both 2017 and 2018 (post tax law.) Thanks again.

Coincidentally, I was just working on the same thing this morning. I was surprised how little difference the 2018 rates and brackets made on this year's taxes, but then realized it's because most of our income this year is dividends and long-term capital gains. Will be different next year when we start SS, and won't have the CGs.

Back
Top Bottom