Gout

Looks like you are lining up for a scope job. Welcome to the Club.;)
Yes -- as a last resort. I was lucky to connect with a good doc last night and I told him I was not in a hurry to go under the knife. He agreed to give me pain meds for a week to see if the knee starts to heal on its own. If not, he said I will need to consult with an orthopedic surgeon, get an MRI, and probably need to get the knee scoped.

Also, in the interests of not drifting this thread too much, I can report that a full-blown gout attack is still more painful that a torn meniscus. The meniscus is plenty painful, but not worse spending the night with a toe on fire with gout. :yuk:

Yes -- as a last resort. I was lucky to connect with a good doc last night and I told him I was not in a hurry to go under the knife. He agreed to give me pain meds for a week to see if the knee starts to heal on its own. If not, he said I will need to consult with an orthopedic surgeon, get an MRI, and probably need to get the knee scoped.

Also, in the interests of not drifting this thread too much, I can report that a full-blown gout attack is still more painful that a torn meniscus. The meniscus is plenty painful, but not worse spending the night with a toe on fire with gout. :yuk:

Good luck! I tore both meniscus's in my right knee last July. The scope job was not bad as I was out. Recovery was easy and almost no pain. But that was me and we are all different.

Good luck! I tore both meniscus's in my right knee last July. The scope job was not bad as I was out. Recovery was easy and almost no pain. But that was me and we are all different.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your operation and recovery went well.

I have a good friend who played hockey in college and has had two knee surgeries in the last couple of years. I just emailed him to ask the name of his doctor.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your operation and recovery went well.

I have a good friend who played hockey in college and has had two knee surgeries in the last couple of years. I just emailed him to ask the name of his doctor.

The doc's ask you to wait a month or so to see if the problem heals itself and is not a tear. When it doesn't go away in a month or so, then the xray/MRI process kicks off. Lots of folks had meniscus tears and repairs here on the site so if you have to go that route, you will get a lot of personal stories and experiences.

Tough week for me.

Had a mild gout flare up in my ankle a week ago Friday......Wow, did that hurt!! :(

Today (Saturday) I am finally able to get around the house a little bit.

I now can recommend steel toed boots for toy stomping on top of a remedial fly swatter training course.

I can only imagine and cringe. 3 yrs ago I was on a 2 night women’s retreat with my DIL and we shared wine (understatement). After I got back I had pain in my foot. I’m back to the occasional over indulgence but sure don’t want a reminder!

Back
Top Bottom