Government to Re-Open ACA Marketplace to Help Folks get Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShokWaveRider

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just read this, not sure if it is true but it was reported by WAPO so no reason not to believe it.

This is a good thing I think. But still think they should reinstate the Mandate to Void the current lawsuit in the SCOTUS.

If you lose insurance through job loss, or become self-employed, these are life events that allow you to obtain insurance through the ACA. I think it’s to allow people who didn’t apply for insurance when they should have to get it now.

If you lose insurance through job loss, or become self-employed, these are life events that allow you to obtain insurance through the ACA. I think it’s to allow people who didn’t apply for insurance when they should have to get it now.

This ..+++despite the WaPo headline saying having the marketplace closed "has deprived millions of Americans who lost their jobs from getting health insurance." A bald faced lie. Reader beware..

If so, then that would be wrong... it would be rewarding people for their inaction of not signing up for ACA within 60-days of losing their job-based coverage or not signing up during the open enrollment window from Nov 1-Dec 15, 2020.

My personal view is there should be no enrolment periods for anything. They Sound to me like an insurance scheme not to insure as many people as possible. JMHO.

My personal view is there should be no enrolment periods for anything. They Sound to me like an insurance scheme not to insure as many people as possible. JMHO.

They're necessarily so that people don't game the system - do without insurance until they get sick, and then quick sign up.

This ..+++despite the WaPo headline saying having the marketplace closed "has deprived millions of Americans who lost their jobs from getting health insurance." A bald faced lie. Reader beware..

They're necessarily so that people don't game the system - do without insurance until they get sick, and then quick sign up.
I agree with both of these statements.

Insurance scheme, pray tell how that's a scheme. Remember insurance companies only make money when they collect premiums from people.

So if you can signup for HI at a whim or a drop of the hat, is it OK for the company to have a waiting period before they pay for your 250K heart valve replacement? Remember we are not talking government money here but private sector money.

There is no legislative proposal or executive action, so this discussion is premature. It can be taken up again if a specific proposal is made. Future discussions need to stick to the details of the proposed changes and avoid election rhetoric and off topic commentary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom