Great Life and ER related Quote

e86s54

Recycles dryer sheets
Sorry if it's been posted already.

""Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of man, as a whole, experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." Helen Keller

E86S54

So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key...

Eagles

"Take a walk on the wild side."

- Lou Reed

These are my favorites:

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” - Bob Dylan
"Life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh, philosopher and Eagles guitarist

These started as U.S. Naval Academy wisdom and later transferred to the workplace:
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!" - The Eagles, "Hotel California"
"We gotta get out of this place…" - The Animals
"There must be some kind of way out of here…" - Bob Dylan, interpreted by Jimi Hendrix
"You cain't always get what you want…" - The Rolling Stones

Then things got better in ER:
"We'll be takin' care of business…" - Bachman Turner Overdrive
"Aw, that ain't workin'-- that's the way you do it!" - Dire Straits
"This is a thing I've never known before, it's called easy living. This is a place I've never seen before, and I've been forgiven." - Uriah Heep
"I . Wanna rock & roll. All night. And party ev-er-y day." - KISS

And for the perpetual travelers:
"Ya know ya got to… keep on rolling…" - REO Speedwagon
"That's why I'm goin' to Katmandu!" - Bob Seger

This is the most appropriate one I remember from USNA

"He who will not risk cannot win" -- John Paul Jones

These are my favorites:

"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.” - Bob Dylan
"Life's been good to me so far." - Joe Walsh, philosopher and Eagles guitarist

These started as U.S. Naval Academy wisdom and later transferred to the workplace:
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!" - The Eagles, "Hotel California"
"We gotta get out of this place…" - The Animals
"There must be some kind of way out of here…" - Bob Dylan, interpreted by Jimi Hendrix
"You cain't always get what you want…" - The Rolling Stones

Then things got better in ER:
"We'll be takin' care of business…" - Bachman Turner Overdrive
"Aw, that ain't workin'-- that's the way you do it!" - Dire Straits
"This is a thing I've never known before, it's called easy living. This is a place I've never seen before, and I've been forgiven." - Uriah Heep
"I . Wanna rock & roll. All night. And party ev-er-y day." - KISS

And for the perpetual travelers:
"Ya know ya got to… keep on rolling…" - REO Speedwagon
"That's why I'm goin' to Katmandu!" - Bob Seger

We sing "You cain't always get what you want…" - The Rolling Stones
to our kids all the time and if that does not work the HeHa theme song does!

I wonder if kids still tell Helen Keller jokes?

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." - RUSH (lyrics by Neil Peart)

I wonder if kids still tell Helen Keller jokes?

braille_l0.png
braille_r4.png
braille_l2.png
braille_r7.png
braille_l3.png
braille_r2.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r0.png
braille_l6.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l0.png
braille_r4.png
braille_l2.png
braille_r1.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r1.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r0.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r2.png
braille_l6.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r4.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r2.png
braille_l7.png
braille_r2.png
braille_l6.png
braille_r1.png
braille_l6.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r0.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l1.png
braille_r3.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r7.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r2.png
braille_l5.png
braille_r4.png

Why can't Helen Keller drive? Because she's a woman!

no seriously why can't Helen Keller drive? Because she's dead!

"emancipate yourselfs from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Marley

I'll repost the quote I had when I first joined the forum...

Go placidly among the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. - Desiderata

I've been carrying that one around since high school - I used it for my senior yearbook picture. I think I am finally going to live it. :D

"Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever?"
-- Sergeant Major Dan Daly, USMC, leading his outnumbered, outgunned, pinned-down men to attack during the Battle of Belleau Wood, June 1918

“To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” St. Thomas Aquinas

Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night....Manfred Mann's Earth Band

I've never understood this song...maybe it fits here? :whistle:

Blinded by the light,
revved up like a deuce,
another runner in the night....Manfred Mann's Earth Band

I've never understood this song...maybe it fits here? :whistle:
You know that's a Bruce Springsteen original (Greetings From Asbury Park album). Manfred Mann just covered it.

You know that's a Bruce Springsteen original (Greetings From Asbury Park album). Manfred Mann just covered it.
Oh...I thought MM was before BS and never thought to look it up. My apologies to Bruce...:)

Anyone can relate this quote.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The
other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

Anyone can relate this quote.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The
other is as though everything is a miracle.” - Albert Einstein

More great Einstein quotes:

"[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"[O]nly if every individual strives for truth can humanity attain a happier future; the atavisms in each of us that stand in the way of a friendlier destiny can only thus be rendered ineffective."

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Make everything as simple as possible but not simpler."[/FONT]

"... instead of studying how to make it worth men’s while to buy my baskets, I studied rather how to avoid the necessity of selling them." ~ H.D. Thoreau

Back
Top Bottom