Greetings from Western Washington!

erlwnk

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi:

I am currently retired. My DH is still working, because he enjoys it.

We've been married for a long time, since I was a senior at the university. We decided then we would not have kids by choice (We do love kids) due to our passion for domestic travel & globe-trotting.

We're both introverted high achievers in STEM: euphemisms for geeks, that is.

My only regret after early retirement is: a diminishing network of close friends, as most have been taking on parenting and grand-parenting, or unfortunately pass on. Alternatively, I keep myself occupied by taking online classes on esoteric science topics.

I hope to gain meaningful insights on post-early retirement life through this forum.

Welcome to the forum. I have learned much form the fine folks here over the years.

Welcome.

There are many introverts on here as well. You will do fine:)

Attachments

• quiet.jpg
    quiet.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 27
Welcome. I lived in Bellingham for a while and love the part of the world you're in.

Agree with Finnski - there are a lot of introverts here. (Raising my hand). Also a lot of tech geeks. (Raising my hand).

Feel free to ask questions or just read the forum. We're a (mostly) friendly bunch.

Welcome to a great place.

Retired developer/manager/lacky who is happy to have left Megacorp's insanity. I was told or warned during orientation about the culture. They mentioned a disaster recovery that occurred over Thanksgiving holiday, the entire development staff came in and worked the 4 day holiday weekend. Good news, the bobble-headed girl who drank the kool-aid said, was the clients were happy [emoji2957].

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom