Happy Thanksgiving - 2020

target2019

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Here's to y'all. Enjoy this day...

Happy Thanksgiving to all.....

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. While it certainly has been a year like no other in my life, there is still so much to be thankful for. This site and the opportunity to have discussions with a great group of people is on that list. Have a good day everyone.

Happy Thanksgiving to all…even if you’re not in the US! We all have things to be thankful for. Hope you all have a great day and are staying safe. Remember…Zoom and Facetime are better than an hospital bed. You can see the family next year!

Happy Turkey Day! Remember don't dump the cooking oil into the drain..

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Stay healthy and happy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We have had our turkey dinner including American style stuffing that our son has an online source for over here.

We are 5 hours ahead of EST so are now settled down for a post dinner drink and are watching, in line with family tradition, Trains, Planes and Automobiles.

:flowers::popcorn:

I have alot to be thankful for:
1. No one in my family caught covid
2. Although 5 in my immediate family lost jobs, they got unemployment benefits (not Bank of Mom) and 4 are back to work (part-time, temp, or permanent positions but WORKING*[emoji857])
3. We did*not experience hunger or shortages like many in the US
4. I lost my quarantine 15

Happy Thanksgiving!

Since we are not getting together with family this year due to the pandemic, we are going completely non-traditional instead. Our holiday meal will be shrimp tacos for the two of us, to go, from a nearby sports bar. We'll make up for it next year! :D

I just watched the Macy's parade on TV for a little while, one of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. It was a little different with no spectators, but not much and their interpretation of 6 feet separation of dancers and singers sure differs from mine. We obviously have far stricter restrictions on music and dancing than they do. Also, how interesting that our Mardi Gras 2021 parades had to be completely cancelled but the Macy's parade isn't. The same for our Mardi Gras balls, cancelled since they can't have any dancing or very many attendees. Oh well, who said life was fair anyway and besides, 2020 has been really something, hasn't it? I'm so thankful that we are nearly done with 2020, and that we have recovered enough from the pandemic that that sports bar is allowed to be open (so we can get those shrimp tacos to go). Also thankful for the obvious reasons, such as having Frank in my life and being able to live in this house which is a dream come true to me.

Hope all of our American forum members have a nice holiday today, traditional or not!

Happy (US) Thanksgiving, y'all! I am thankful that I and our family are all healthy, and that 2020 is almost over!

We're going all out with a 15 pound turkey even though it's just the three of us. Leftovers for weeks! We need some semblance of normal where we can find it. Let the feast prep begin!

Attachments

• 127998943_10218211014375175_386672385506819661_o.jpg
    127998943_10218211014375175_386672385506819661_o.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 15
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I am thankful that my family members, friends, and I are all healthy and safe. I am thankful for the long Zoom visit I had this afternoon with family members from NC to California. I am thankful that 2020 is almost behind us, and we are getting closer every day to a vaccine in the new year.

Stay well everyone.

It was a good Thanksgiving with just my wife, daughter (in the process of a divorce), and I for most of it. My son showed up for dinner, and a football game. He didn't bring his GF, she had a family thing going on also.

We played board games, and listened to jazz.

Attachments

• 7C7D4BD0-C227-4816-8DD1-21EF778E69AD.jpeg
    7C7D4BD0-C227-4816-8DD1-21EF778E69AD.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 8
Had a great albeit expensive meal eating outdoors socially distant with a view of the bay in high 70's weather.
We were very thankful all around.

I don't think I'm alone in this, but I actually prefer leftover turkey to the freshly cooked kind. Had a terrific breakfast from it this morning (yes, complete with pumpkin pie).

The other thing I look forward to is the wonderful soup I make from the carcass.

Had to delay smoking the turkey breast yesterday because we had morning showers and I don’t have shelter for the smoker here.

DH announced that he was skipping breakfast this morning because he overdid it on eating the smoked turkey. After eating a few slices he decided it was his job to clean off (by eating) the turkey carcass. Didn’t even occur to him that it could be saved for later, lol!

Back
Top Bottom