Has any here used an e-sim card?

I'm in Europe now. I have always relied on Verizon international plan and it has always worked great. This trip not so much. Last night I bought an airalo esim for $6.50 and all problems solved. Everything is working great. That said, my partner has exactly the same service as me and has had no problems so I think my issue has to do with my settings

Last edited:
I use UltraMobile eSim in iPhone SE because I need a slot for physical SIM when travel internationally. It was a relatively simple process of converting the real Sim into virtual one made with the help of customer service.

Things I have learned.
DW and I are spending 25 days in the US, so I decided to do a comparison. I bought an esim online (Airalo) and DW bought a T-Mobile sim card.
1) esim was a bit of a pain to install. At home it was prompting me to turn off my regular sim card. I didn't want to do this as I didn't want the esim active till I crossed the border. Once I crossed the border, the esim wouldn't install. It requires wifi to install apparently.
2) once installed, I found out I only had data. No texting or phone number. Didn't know that was even an option.
3) DW installed her normal sim and was going in 5 minutes for $10 cheaper.

Mint mobile (uses T-mobile towers) is cheap and easy to use. They do e-sims and regular sims (mailed).
https://www.mintmobile.com/plans/

They work well when I've used them and are cheap and you get phone, text, data.

My Android phone is few years behind releases, but it has 2 physical SIM slots. I do not like physically switching SIMs. With this phone, I only need to go in Settings to switch which SIM to use.

Back
Top Bottom