Hello for NOLA

wdwwildbill

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi All.

Long time lurker and wanted to say thanks for all of your posts !

59 married with 2 kids. One in college and oldest is home disabled and not able to work.
Goal was to retire early at 60, but then son got sick and changed all plans
We are debt free other than monthly bills but now worry about leaving enough for money for son to live on after we are not here.

Thanks for all the posts ...

I don't detect any specific question in your post, so I'll confine myself to extending a "Welcome to the forum!"

Your join date indicates you've been exclusively a reader of other posts for a good three years. Was there anything in particular that prompted you to start posting?

No specific questions at this point. I will post more about income and goals as I go along.
Takes me awhile to get my feet wet as you can see by my join date.
I do enjoy the posts and thought it was time to introduce myself. Maybe even talk to some others around my home location.

Welcome! Look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Welcome to the discussions WildBill - looking forward to hearing form you

Welcome wdwwildbill.

I think if you post questions you'll get lots of responses. I know we've got a few members in the NOLA area... and we also have a few members who've set up special needs trusts, etc... So both would be good places to start a conversation.

In your 3 years of lurking, you've probably figured out we're mostly a friendly bunch. :)

Great idea. I will start dipping my toes in the water.. And yes, all of you seem more than happy to help anyone asking

Wild Bill,
I too have a disabled son. I just finished setting up a disability trust for him. Having a trust set up like this allows him to maintain and not lose any help he may be getting. I would urge you to do this quickly. Cost to me was minimal around $1K

Exgloveman,

Thanks for the info. We are still waiting for disability hearing at this point. May ask you a few more questions about this in the future if that's ok ? Will post more about this later on

Back
Top Bottom