Hello from Detroit

Bluestatue

Confused about dryer sheets
I stumbled across this forum while gathering information about owning a campground after retirement. Since reading some of the posts here, I have found lots of valuable info.
I am 38 years old and will be able to retire at 52. I decided to spend the next three years figuring out what I want to do at that time. At that time, my kids will hopefully be off to college. I look forward to being a positive part of this forum.:greetings10:

Welcome Bluestatue! Tell us more when you are so inclined. Former Michigander here in the sun of AZ.

Up here in the sticks, we are good friends with a couple that tried to start a camp ground when they were younger. Their advice: don't start a campground. Cabins are very popular / successful around here.

I am inpressed with your ability to plan that far forward.

My 2 cents.
Welcome to the forum.

Free to canoe

Welcome. I'm from metro Detroit and retired two years ago. Lots of smart people on this forum and you can get good advice on just about any subject from roofing to investments.

There are a couple of Detroit bashers here, but ignore 'em like I do. :LOL:

Welcome.

There are definitely many knowledgeable people here.

I spent a year in Detroit (Warren actually).

Another Michigander here (Ann Arbor). Been "passing through" Louisiana for the past 24 years.

Welcome neighbor, from NW Indiana near Chicago, we visit Michigan regularly.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes. I'm sure that I will learn a lot here. With 13yrs before retirement, I really need to get moving on my plans.

Upstate NY, you should have some warm weather in a couple of days. 65 degrees around here for the weekend.

Hey, I live in Sterling Heights...

And, I'm one of the "Detroit Bashers". There's nothing like understanding the local situation intimately.:blush: My assumption would be that Bluestatue probably lives outside of the Detroit city limits. As for campgrounds, Michigan is very pretty and forested 'up-state', and there should be a continuing demand.

However, the rest of Michigan's economic outlook appers to be pretty dismal.:nonono:

Welcome to this board. I troll around the board because my DW and I (both mid 50's) are trying to reduce our working lives, and slide into FIRE. Like everyone else, those plans took a beating in the last year. We're still optimistic, though.

Welcome too, Bluestatue! I'm a neighbor to the south in Ohio.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom