Hello to all from Houston (Spring) Texas

Wait...there are other types of bbq besides brisket?

Why yes... a good rib is good eating...

But I will admit that I do not put ham, turkey or even chicken as real BBQ even though I might eat with BBQ sauce (well, not ham or turkey... just do not go with BBQ sauce)..

Why yes... a good rib is good eating...

But I will admit that I do not put ham, turkey or even chicken as real BBQ even though I might eat with BBQ sauce (well, not ham or turkey... just do not go with BBQ sauce)..

Dashman, see. Open disdain for non brisket bbq. Don't be fooled by the rib comment. Ribs come from pigs and in Texas pork is not bbq. Pork in Texas is something to be endured. This is why you nor I will ever be accepted by the Texas faction. (Written while sippin a lone star lounging in my boots.) :)

I'm 100+ miles north of you but I lived in Houston for well over 50 years so you have my sympathies. :)

But hey, you are retired and live in Texas, and Spring isn't really Houston (well it wasn't 30+ years ago) :). So that is pretty darn good.....

Welcome.

Last edited:
Was living in Cypress until a month ago , now trying the country thing in Richards Texas . About 55 miles from you .

Lets plan a Houston Meet and Greet .

Have a friend on Cypresswood that is retiring at the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom