Hello!

seismological

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi!

My name is Tom. I am 54 would like to put myself to be able to retire in the next few years (max 5ish…as of now).

I jointed this forum to learn from the collective expertise. I have lots of what are likely considered “standard” questions (how do I need, withdrawal rates before/after SS, etc.).

Thank you!

Tom

Last edited:
Welcome Thomas. it sounds like you are well prepared. Now for the fun of picking where to retire to, assuming it is not where you are now.

Welcome to the forum.
What are your planned retirement expenses? Still 200k yearly?
What are the approximate additional savings you hope to achieve by retirement?
Have you tried out our Firecalc retirement calculator?

Welcome to the forum. As previously mentioned, it all depends on your budget. At your current savings, $3.6M and using the 4%guideline, that is approx $144K per year. So a little short of your $200K current spending. Cut a little, maybe move to lower COL area, and you might be good to go sooner. Seems you are saving a good amount now. There are lots of variables to consider. Especially mefical and taxes, then throw in SS and medicare.

Read a lot on here, you will figure out some of your questions. Others start a new post to clarify what you are trying to learn.

That is something an Administrator needs to do for you. Let me know by Private Message if necessary.

Tom, welcome. Here's hoping you can meet your goals for FIRE. Let us know how we can help.

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn and share.

Welcome, that is earthshaking news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom