Help! Red clay on white baseball pants. YIKES!!

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We had a tournament last weekend, and I am STILL trying to get the red clay stains out of my son's baseball pants. I have tried pre-treating, pre-washing, Oxyclean, Spray and Wash, and bleach. There are still red spots on it.

I remember one thing my grandma used to do. Take stained whites and soak them in a plastic pail in hot water and a cup of dishwasher detergent. Think that might work?? :confused:

Why are you trying so hard to remove his badge of honor? Only the benchwarmers have clean pants at the end of the season...:whistle:

I am STILL trying to get the red clay stains out of my son's baseball pants.

Why try to get it out?

Grass stains and ground in red clay from the infield were always the sign of a player that gave his all for the team when I played ball. You never got "stained" sitting on the bench, or not sliding, or not diving for a Texas leaguer in the outfield.

Why are you trying so hard to remove his badge of honor? Only the benchwarmers have clean pants at the end of the season...:whistle:

The bigger question is WHY white, when there are other colors to choose from? :LOL:

Why try to get it out?

Grass stains and ground in red clay from the infield were always the sign of a player that gave his all for the team when I played ball. You never got "stained" sitting on the bench, or not sliding, or not diving for a Texas leaguer in the outfield.

Then he is giving his all, that's for sure..........:D

Nice little story. My son's select team was playing a REALLY GOOD local team this past weekend. They had him in left field. Runners at first and second. Batter hits a sinking line drive bullet to left. My son one hops it and throws a rocket ball to the 3rd basemen for a tagged 3rd out.

The kid gets up and looks confused at his 3rd base coach. Coach says to him: "What do you want me to do about it, he's got a great arm!" :D

When i was in little league way back when the first thing i'd do when i got to the ball park was to take a few practice slides to get me and the uniform looking like we meant business,a pristine looking uniform usually denoted a newb or some one who sits on the bench a lot.
just wash the uniform and let the kid wear it stains and all,chances are good the kid will never notice.

You need to find a poor Mexican woman or a rich Saudi's washer person. How they manage to keep their things so blindingly white totally escapes me. I can't put on a white anything and make it out the door without getting grunge on it. Either i'm naturally grubby or they have some sort of force field or the secret to whiter whites....

Maybe try peroxide on the stains ? We used to use that on our nursing uniforms and the stains came right out .

Never soak any stain in hot water; that will only set it. Though, your stain has been treated so much already, that it undoubtedly is set by now.

Although you previously used bleach, and it didn't work, I can see no other option than bleach. Try diluting a little bleach in water, applying it directly to the stain, letting it sit for a bit, then washing the white items with bleach as directed on the bleach container.

Using the "solar dryer" (drying things by laying or hanging them in strong sunlight) will help to further brighten your white things.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Then he is giving his all, that's for sure..........:D

Nice little story. My son's select team was playing a REALLY GOOD local team this past weekend. They had him in left field. Runners at first and second. Batter hits a sinking line drive bullet to left. My son one hops it and throws a rocket ball to the 3rd basemen for a tagged 3rd out.

The kid gets up and looks confused at his 3rd base coach. Coach says to him: "What do you want me to do about it, he's got a great arm!" :D

Nice story, thanks for sharing it with us. It reminded me of a play that I was involved in many,many years ago playing left filed for my school team in Florida. The batter hit a sinking line drive that I hesitated on and then decided to try to catch rather than one-hopping it. I dove for it, missed it, and in rolled on, and on. By the time that I got to the ball, the runner was already past third and headed for home for an inside the park HR.

About 30 years later I was at a gathering in Florida and was in a group of lawyers and judges BSing and one guy, a judge, related a familiar story that he still recalled with all of the thrill of it just happening. It was the only HR that he ever hit in his life. Yep, he was the same guy that was at bat in my tragic story. I'm now [-]glad [/-] proud to be part of baseball lore in Florida.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom