Hey y'all...retired in the Deep South.

Hey John we hit the retirement deal in June and July 2019 ourselves. We are in the "Chattlanta" suburb ourselves. In our retirement prep stage we bought our camper,and upgraded my truck to one to pull it. Since then we have been splitting our time between riding my motorcycle and camping. We just recently returned home from a Fla. trip to the strange week of 75 degree weather for a coupla days then flash floods and finnally 4inches of snow saturday from 6am till 11 am. Our DD DSnL,& DGD came over to our house for some sledding,a snoball fight and snocream. Then by 7 pm it had almost all melted away. Anyway nice to meet ya and Go Dawgs! This just might be the year,I still miss #34 and Vince tremendously!

Welcome. Sounds like your retirement is just what you want it to be. I was born in Atlanta and then was an army brat until 12 years old. Family moved back to Atlanta. Married and had 2 kids there.

Husband got transferred to Seattle area in 1997. Needless to say we miss our family and friends in the South (we visit often) but when we moved to the Pacific Northwest, well...we are here to stay. DH retired in 2015. Sold the house and rented our daughters house, now we are buying our dream home on the western most part of the state on a lake. It is expensive in the Seattle area, but where we are moving is way less expensive.

Just couldn't get back to the heat and humidity. Wouldn't mind having a place in the fall in Ga, but not enough retirement money for that though.

Can't wait to hear more stories about your retirement.

Thanks Kim! Sounds like "y'all" (in my best southern drawl) have found a great place to settle in for the best time of your lives. I love the Pacific NW.

You are right the heat and humidity here can be stifling...never said everything was perfect. :) When we have nothing else to do the pool in the backyard helps with this dilemma. Reminds me too, that my neighbor loves to express his disgust with me and DW as we are lounging around pool when he comes home for lunch around 12:30 from w*rk on lets say a Tuesday or Wednesday..:cool:

Hey John we hit the retirement deal in June and July 2019 ourselves. We are in the "Chattlanta" suburb ourselves. In our retirement prep stage we bought our camper,and upgraded my truck to one to pull it. Since then we have been splitting our time between riding my motorcycle and camping. We just recently returned home from a Fla. trip to the strange week of 75 degree weather for a coupla days then flash floods and finnally 4inches of snow saturday from 6am till 11 am. Our DD DSnL,& DGD came over to our house for some sledding,a snoball fight and snocream. Then by 7 pm it had almost all melted away. Anyway nice to meet ya and Go Dawgs! This just might be the year,I still miss #34 and Vince tremendously!

Thanks and have obvious soft spot for fellow Dawg fans! Sounds like you've been enjoying the retirement scene yourself. Yeah always this might be the year for us..:) but hey maybe so. I saw #34 many times in those days....

Hmm- lots of folks in the Atlanta area. Y'all ought to do a meet up. And be sure to invite me- I'm a few hours south but drive to ATL for cheap flights frequently...[emoji16]

Congratulations, John! Hope you’ll continue to share how life in retirement is. We will be joining you this year and we are really excited. We have no pension, but will have SS in 4-6 years, so living exclusively on our investments and maybe some contract work (I call it dabbling in work). Best of luck as you go forward.

Back
Top Bottom