Hi, I am new to this E-R.org site

Affinity4Investing

Recycles dryer sheets
Wasn't aware of the expectations beforehand, but here goes... I was made aware of this site from another messaging board and thus, decided to check it out before subscribing to a few forums that are of interest. Have been actively investing and managing accounts/advising others for all told ~4 decades. The past decade has seen many more moves occur on the 'fixed income' side of the ledger than the 'common equity' side.

Of particular interest is the financial analysis of all things business and investing. I used to write for TheStreet.com and other sites but ceased that work due to the fact that more emphasis was placed on # of articles written -vs- quality of articles written. My goal here is to participate in discussions, answer questions, post information others may find relevant, etc. Absolutely am not here to pump-n-dump or push pro-only info on securities that I buy. Am about as self-less as one can get and only hope to provide more useful information to others than I take away from here.

Welcome, we have a numner of 40+ year investors here and young folks; pros, amatures and clueless. I like the financial posting on this board as they are not ideological like Bogleheads (and I am generally one of those) but even better the site covers wide ranging subjects relating to retirement. Dive in!

Wasn't aware of the expectations beforehand, but here goes... I was made aware of this site from another messaging board and thus, decided to check it out before subscribing to a few forums that are of interest. Have been actively investing and managing accounts/advising others for all told ~4 decades. The past decade has seen many more moves occur on the 'fixed income' side of the ledger than the 'common equity' side.

Of particular interest is the financial analysis of all things business and investing. I used to write for TheStreet.com and other sites but ceased that work due to the fact that more emphasis was placed on # of articles written -vs- quality of articles written. My goal here is to participate in discussions, answer questions, post information others may find relevant, etc. Absolutely am not here to pump-n-dump or push pro-only info on securities that I buy. Am about as self-less as one can get and only hope to provide more useful information to others than I take away from here.
Are you saying we have room for improvement? Not up to standards?

Just kidding. It's a lively place.

Seriously, glad to meet you.

Welcome! I like this site because although there are a lot of smart people and good advice on investing, there is also a lot of practical advice on "regular" retirement issues including travel, healthcare and assorted life stuff. Plus the people are friendly and not overly rigid.

Look forward to hearing your information, but hope this place is a useful site to you as well.

Welcome, we have a numner of 40+ year investors here and young folks; pros, amatures and clueless. I like the financial posting on this board as they are not ideological like Bogleheads (and I am generally one of those) but even better the site covers wide ranging subjects relating to retirement. Dive in!

Thanks! Looking forward to not dealing with ideologically bankrupt folks! Pleasure to meet you...

Are you saying we have room for improvement? Not up to standards?

Just kidding. It's a lively place.

Seriously, glad to meet you.

Pleasure to meet you as well. From what I've seen so far, there are plenty of astute investors here and I only hope to add to the knowledgebase. Look forward to getting waist deep in the trenches!

Welcome! I like this site because although there are a lot of smart people and good advice on investing, there is also a lot of practical advice on "regular" retirement issues including travel, healthcare and assorted life stuff. Plus the people are friendly and not overly rigid.

Look forward to hearing your information, but hope this place is a useful site to you as well.

Hi Katie! Rigidity and nanny-state monitoring is something I can do without. Looking fwd to more of a 'beach chair in the sun' type environment, here!

Wealth of knowledge here. I've learned a boatload of tax tips, and just general life-happens stuff. Lots of crossover experience and views, but all helpful.

Welcome aboard! :)

welcome, look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome aboard! I've learned a lot here. I'm looking forward to your views.

Can you share a link to your best article?

Welcome!

Often the questions and problems that retirees are interested in, have very little to do with investing, especially for those who have already been retired for some time, and/or fall in the "buy and hold" category of investors. Personally I think this forum is the best on the internet for dealing with day to day retirement.

For investing, you might also want to check out the forum over at Bogleheads.org. YMMV

Are you retired yet? If not, how do you envision your retirement? Do you want to travel extensively, pursue hobbies like cooking, gardening, woodworking, etc, or spend time with relatives? Go back to school? Or perhaps (like me) just enjoy the lower stress level, free time, and/or an afternoon nap now and then? :)

Welcome, I'm a newcomer myself, and have learned a great deal in the short time I've been participating. As a not-yet-retired individual (seems like that should be an acronym like NYRI), I've come here not so much for investing advice/discussion, but more for the experience and info provided on what to expect and what to plan for in retirement.

Like a lot of things in life, you don't know what you don't know. And transitioning into non-work is a huge and scary life change (at least it is for me).

Welcome, I'm a newcomer myself, and have learned a great deal in the short time I've been participating. As a not-yet-retired individual (seems like that should be an acronym like NYRI), I've come here not so much for investing advice/discussion, but more for the experience and info provided on what to expect and what to plan for in retirement.

Like a lot of things in life, you don't know what you don't know. And transitioning into non-work is a huge and scary life change (at least it is for me).

Believe me, we understand! I can tell you that for me, my 14 years of retirement have been the best years of my life. That probably differs for different people but just saying it isn't necessarily anything to be scared of, as much as to anticipate with glee.

Welcome to the forum. As stated by previous replies, we have a good mix of knowledge and experience on here. Plus discussions on many aspects related to retirement beside the strict investment aspects. Plus some miscellaneous discussions not realted to much except life and living. We are mostly US, but also have several international members and contributors.

Are you retired now? Or still working in the same financial field as before? Where are you located, we have members all over the place. Hopefully you will jump in and provide your perspective on the various discussions, it sounds like you have some unique experience.

Back
Top Bottom