Hi, I am Nick

Ntel

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi! Nick, 28 years old, embracing FIRE after a decade of spending, so selling most of my things! Happy to learn from experienced friends around here :)

Welcome to our wonderful site Nick.
Over time if you have any detailed questions or concerns, there is a wealth of knowledgeable folks willing to assist you.

How the H are you, Nick!? Good to hear from you.

Welcome, Nick
Wish I had caught on as early as you have

(Spoiler: It's worth it)

Welcome to the club, Nick! You're only 28, but have you started planning for retirement? It will sneak up on you, so it's best to be prepared.

Welcome Nick. You might post about some of the things you are doing to begin your journey.

Hi! Nick, 28 years old, embracing FIRE after a decade of spending, so selling most of my things! Happy to learn from experienced friends around here :)

Welcome. Pay yourself first. Live below you means. And when it comes to investing, slow and steady wins the race.

Side note: DS told me that he had some friends about Nick's age who were interested in investing and might be interested in my advice... I said fine, I'd be glad to talk with them about investing... I later found out that they wanted to talk about penny stocks... I responded that investing in penny stocks was gambling, not investing and that I don't know anything about gambling.

Welcome Nick. If you can live below your means then that's a great start. Set up your auto pay to weekly or monthly invest into 401k and or index mutual funds. Diversification is key and sacrifice now and reward yourself later ( if you can FIREd early if you are able too). You going to hear it loud and clear from the usual critics but don't let it affect you. In my case my critics were the usual naysayers, it's normal.

Welcome to the forum, young man. You don't need to live like a monk to save, but as Nick12 says (EVERYONE says) live below your means and you'll do well.

Hi Nick

Welcome to forum. I am 28 myself and trying to learn as much as I can to be FI. I would love to hear more about financial future.

Welcome, Nick! We all wish we'd started earlier. Had I some of the knowledge of these wonderful folks on the forum when I was younger, I would have done many things differently. Hindsight, as they say, is 20/20.

There are great folks here.

Welcome Nick !

I certainly understand over spending in your 20's - now if you begin to take proper steps to FIRE, you will be able to FIRE and also enjoy your w*rk days better along the way. Plenty of great wisdom here. Just remember: In order to be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid !

Rich

Welcome Nick !....

Just remember: In order to be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid !

Rich

I think Nick's already got me beat brain wise. 28? And thinking about this stuff? That's impressive. Welcome, and looking forward to watching your journey.

Retirement is highly underrated. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom