Hi there all

Xias

Confused about dryer sheets
Hey there everyone! Name's Frank, glad to finally find a place to talk about retiring early (If you ever visited the Motley Fool's retire early board...just wow) Been perusing through posts and have found a lot of interesting reads along the way!

About me? I'm young by most standards I think, 24, working in the financial services industry (soon to have my series 7/63, I hope :eek:). Love to save, downright enjoy it (I guess you could call me a tightwad, but I like to have fun too ya know!)

It looks like some people come in here with the idea of finding the magic investing bullet (how much return should I aim for, etc) but that's really not me. I'm fairly (still VERY much a work in progress) confident in my investing style, though I'm typically risk-averse, and just looking for some like-minded people to chat with as I inch my way towards early retirement.

welcome
it looks like you have the right mindset for RE and that you are off to a good start

Hi Xias, and welcome! I am pursuing (doggedly) my CFP--taking the boards in July if I can pass the @#$% Estate Planning exam in a couple of weeks (!) and I work in a private wealth consulting practice. Lots to learn here about handling your own money and getting a great perspective on RISK! There are some pockets of hostility on the topic of financial advisors, so tread softly! :D

Sarah

Sarah in SC said:
Hi Xias, and welcome! I am pursuing (doggedly) my CFP--taking the boards in July if I can pass the @#$% Estate Planning exam in a couple of weeks (!) and I work in a private wealth consulting practice. Lots to learn here about handling your own money and getting a great perspective on RISK! There are some pockets of hostility on the topic of financial advisors, so tread softly! :D

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I'll be sure to keep that in mind, haha

Back
Top Bottom