Hilarious stuff at www.Despair.com

starry night

Recycles dryer sheets
For a fun time go to despair.com and at bottom of homepage click on DEMOTIVATORS to view their hilarious posters. These are spoofs of the insipid workplace motivator posters with cleverly barbed statements and wonderful photos. Such as:

INDIVIDUALITY: Always remember that you are unique. Just like everybody else.Enjoy!

Yes, when I retired I got a framed copy of this one:

RETIREMENT: Because you've given so much of yourself to the company that you don't have anything left we can use.

They are missing the best of all time - the teamwork poster with the guy getting help with a light on his six foot long bong:

Attachments

• teamwork.jpg
    teamwork.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 33
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Meetings[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
trans_1x1.gif

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]None of us is as dumb as all of us.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]
------------------------------
Which was actually on the back of the door of one of the conference rooms.
[/FONT]

I've got the book, and the funniest part is the fake cover. It is a very academic read, not like the posters and calendars. His basic premise is that you do poor performers and unhappy employees a great service by letting them go--to go find something to do that they might actually LIKE. Can't argue with that logic!
My favorite: Mistakes--because it could be that the whole purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others.

Our boss told us we could pick one out to have framed for the breakroom. We chose Get to Work--you aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams.

I also like Potential--not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up. (with accompanying picture of box o' fries).
Sarah

In the same vein, my coworker next door has this hanging up in his cube:

img_551087_0_f7f9f43c62a1f47cef35fbe6fb0bf74c.jpg

For some reason, I see it each morning and it helps me through the day.

I also like Potential--not everyone gets to be an astronaut when they grow up. (with accompanying picture of box o' fries).
Sarah

My oldest gave that one to his favorite teacher when he graduated last year. When a student was not living up to his/her potential she would let them know potential was only worth something if you added hard work to it. This was one of her favorite sayings:

I don't care how darn good looking, charming or smart you are. If you don't get off your butt and do something with it you''ll be stuffing fries in happy meals.

Something I tell the inmates a lot is not a poster, but I'd like to make it one:

A lack of responsibility on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part.

Something I tell the inmates a lot is not a poster, but I'd like to make it one:

A lack of responsibility on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on my part.

I had a sticker on my locker at w*rk that was quite similar....."Bad planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part". I had a couple of others also......“The bad taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has gone” and "If you think OSHA is a small town in Wisconsin, we're in trouble". For some strange reason a couple of my former bosses found absolutely NO humor in any of those stickers. :D

A button that I had, "Keep smiling...the boss loves idiots"

Back
Top Bottom