Home Medical Devices

HF63

Recycles dryer sheets
Over the years working on cars and using a scan data, I gotten very good at preventing future problems by looking at the data.

I will like to replicate something like this by using over counter medical devices and to monitor my vital signs. I find the apple watch and some Fit bit kind of interesting in that it can give you some info on what happens while you sleep.

If you have a similar item, do you find the info of great help??

Here are some of the items that I have and the list continues to grow:

1. Nebulizer machine
2. BP/ Blood pressure
3. Glucose reader
4. Oximeter
5. ??

Ouraring graphs overnight heart rate and heart rate variability, both indicators of what's happening with your body. Also your overnight average temperature. Two beers in the evening show up as an elevated heart rate all night long, which is disappointing, but interesting. The temperature has caught an infection in the past, before I detected it. At the time, that was just a 'gee whiz', but in these days, I could hit hard with my OTC early treatment meds.

I'd think that a CGM would be a good addition, since you're concerned with glucose. I presume you're using a finger stick?

Ouraring graphs overnight heart rate and heart rate variability, both indicators of what's happening with your body. Also your overnight average temperature. Two beers in the evening show up as an elevated heart rate all night long, which is disappointing, but interesting. The temperature has caught an infection in the past, before I detected it. At the time, that was just a 'gee whiz', but in these days, I could hit hard with my OTC early treatment meds.

I'd think that a CGM would be a good addition, since you're concerned with glucose. I presume you're using a finger stick?

Your assumption is correct finger stick for glucose.

Oximeter drop below 95 may be early warning for Covid

Do a morning smell test on something distinctive like vanilla.

Not Covid, maybe urine test strips for various things.

Test widely at annual medical and track trends relative to normal ranges.

Question low or high normals and trend and make lifestyle or diet course corrections tor variables if available.

Study longevity science. Current attention is on food timing and metformin.

Study longevity science. Current attention is on food timing and metformin

Can you expend on this comment??

Study longevity science. Current attention is on food timing and metformin

Can you expend on this comment??

I haven’t gone into it deeply, but there may be a significant benefit from limiting the hours of the day eating. For example, the most ideal being not eating after dinner and skipping breakfast except for black coffee or tea.

Under this model, what you eat or how much you eat is less important than giving your body a long daily rest from blood sugar elevations, seemingly capturing long established benefits from fasting or caloric reduction.

I think that’s how it goes. I don’t know if this is YouTube nonsense or serious.

The deal with metformin is that persons with mild type 2 diabetes who get prescribed metformin apparently are living LONGER than people with no diabetes, not on medication, suggesting that metformin has some significant contribution to longevity.

It’s not easy figuring out what’s true. Try hard to find source research before trying anything.

I got a continuous glucose monitor 2 weeks ago, and it's a really great tool.

I can scan before eating something and a couple of hours later so I can accurately know what that food does to my blood sugar. I can also make adjustments anytime if I'm going up or down. I can easily stay within an acceptable range most of the time.

My blood sugar's dropped mysteriously a couple of times in my sleep, and the monitor wakes me up and tells me I'm going down. And if I go too high, it'll beep too.

After all the goal is staying consistent and avoiding the ups and downs that damage kidneys and the heart.

We keep the following:

1- Blood pressure monitor
2- Several thermometers
3- pulse oximeter
4- Patient monitor with EKG
5- Saline drip
6- Comprehensive first aid kit
7- Antibiotics
8- Morphine
9- Lidocaine

My wife is a licensed surgical/OR nurse and she is qualified to tread many injuries. I have cut myself many a few time while working around the house and my wife was able to stich me up at home without having to visit an urgent care facility. She has even removed a few small moles from my arm.

My wife is a licensed surgical/OR nurse and she is qualified to tread many injuries. I have cut myself many a few time while working around the house and my wife was able to stich me up at home without having to visit an urgent care facility. She has even removed a few small moles from my arm.

Now there is a "Medical device" more valuable than all the others. :D

Cheers!

Morphine at home? Must be an old RX.

We have BP monitor, Pulse Oximeter, glucometer, thermometers, first aid kit.
DH has a cpap, and I have albuterol inhalers, so I suppose that could help push room air/o2 and open lungs for breathing while waiting for 911

Not a "device" but DH and I both have recently taken first aid/CPR courses and we keep up to date on them.

I recently got a new Apple Watch series 6 (don't ask what happened to the last one) and I was pleasantly surprised to see that it shows my blood oxygen level to be exactly the same as the fingertip pulse oximeter I've used for years. Apple has done a nice job on that little enhancement. The ECG app is also impressive.

Regarding oximeters--ours gave up the ghost (only lasted a few months)--any recommendations regarding the best one to purchase?

BP monitor and thermometers (old ones with real mercury in them) for us

Glucose monitor for her though she's apparently no longer pre diabetic due to weight loss.

Much more than that, I figure I'd only upset myself with monitoring.:facepalm: YMMV

Regarding oximeters--ours gave up the ghost (only lasted a few months)--any recommendations regarding the best one to purchase?
We bought two Zacurate pulse oximeters in March, and they are quite good. I make sure to check my SpO2 at least once a week, sometimes even once every day or two (to check my resting pulse rate).

BP monitor and thermometers (old ones with real mercury in them) for us

Glucose monitor for her though she's apparently no longer pre diabetic due to weight loss.

Much more than that, I figure I'd only upset myself with monitoring.:facepalm: YMMV

I do just monitor my sugar level, diabetes runs very high in the family.:(

Back
Top Bottom