How bad is Real Estate in your area?

javascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabD','right','0,0,30,30')Pre-Foreclosure 7 Propertiesjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabT','right','0,0,30,30')Auction 9 Propertiesjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabR','right','0,0,30,30')Bank-Owned 8 Propertiesjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabG','right','0,0,30,30')Govt Owned 0 Propertiesjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabF','right','0,0,30,30')FSBO 1 Propertyjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabM','right','0,0,30,30')Resale Homes 2 Propertiesjavascript:_hbLink('SearchResults_TabMLS','right','0,0,30,30')MLS Listings
'Course we only have 84 settlers out here in the frontier...

maybe a few more... weather-wise this is the good time for Oregon

Pre-Foreclosure 7 PropertiesAuction 9 PropertiesBank-Owned 8 PropertiesGovt Owned 0 PropertiesFSBO 1 PropertyResale Homes 2 PropertiesMLS Listings
'Course we only have 84 settlers out here in the frontier...

how many houses hold those 84 settlers? if that's accurate and even assuming 1 person per each, that's a scary 28.5% distress factor based on prefores, auctions & reos.

to others reporting in, for these preforeclosure, reo & auction numbers to have any significance in regard to the o.p.'s original question, you need to report the number of households (not just population figures) within the same area of the reported distressed properties.

city-data.com often has those numbers per town and per zip code, and some by county. also the all-knowing wiki might have the number of households, both sources quoted per the year 2000 census.

Last edited:
Upon entering my zip, I got 1319 properties, not all of which were actually in my zip code:

pre-foreclosure: 4
auction: 217
bank-owned: 769
govt-owned: 3
FSBO: 17
resale: 309

how many houses hold those 84 settlers? if that's accurate and even assuming 1 person per each, that's a scary 28.5% distress factor based on prefores, auctions & reos.

I'll climb the big tree later and see how many cooking fires i can spot.

For a look at ground zero see the attached link. Be sure and click to enlarge the map. Looks like a disaster in the making. :eek:

The Columbus Dispatch : Vacant houses plague Linden

Landlord Bill Ringle said he lost a tenant on E. 18th Avenue after only about six months because people hanging out at the vacant house next door were moving to her porch to shoot craps and smoke marijuana.
"She called the police to chase them away. Fifteen minutes later, they'd be back," he said. "She said, 'I can't continue to live there.' " The woman had two young children.
Reducing crime is a key factor in revitalizing the neighborhood, said Dave Fitzpatrick, another Linden-area landlord. "If they don't deal with the crime element, no one is going to want to live there. You can do all the beautifying you want."

The above is a quote from the article. I think this goes for any gentrification, whether imposed from above or a ground up phenomenon. When given the choice between rapes and murders on your street, or driving farther to work, many will take the drive. After all, it is probably more amenable to a solution that could happen in American society. Vans, suburban residence clusters and light rail, and express buses are easier to bring off than successfully changing the social element in a neighborhood gone bad.

Ha

For a look at ground zero see the attached link. Be sure and click to enlarge the map. Looks like a disaster in the making. :eek:

The Columbus Dispatch : Vacant houses plague Linden

As someone who grew up in Columbus, this doesn't surprise me. That neighborhood has never been one of the better. There has always been a lot of crime and old vacant buildings in the Linden area. I can remember going by that way when I was in college at OSU in the 1980's and amazed at the area. Now if that issue was in a nicer or better neighborhood I would be concerned.

I'm sure most big cities have the same issue in their urban neighborhoods.

151 located in my zip code. One, I know, is only about 4 block away from me. It's a nice house, two story and I believe a 4 bedroom. It was built about the time that our house was built...'bout 1999. I can tell it's that house 'cause of the tall garage used to house an RV or some type of large vehicle. It is now listed as going to auction. When it was listed by the real estate agent, it was listed as $20,000 below assessed value. I thought for sure someone would buy it.

some people get the foreclosure that's coming to them...

just found this on yahoo/abc news http://tinyurl.com/5cec45 which looks to me like someone found a cheaper piece of property on a dirt road and built a $600k house, completely unsuited to the area, yet now they have the nerve to act all upset that their neighbors haven't come up to the standards they require to flip out of their property.

idiot snobs won't be able to get their money out unless they start cleaning up their own neighborhood.

i worked as a volunteer for six years with my city to turn my area around and i wasn't doing it to make a quick buck. i was doing it to help transform a cracked out hood into a gayborhood with a very nice quality of life. i guess that's the difference between being an active resident and a snot.

686 Pre-foreclosure
10 Auction
163 Bank owned
11 FSBO
284 Resale

In one year prices decreased 11% in our county. In April prices increased by 1.8% in our county. Turnover is 83 days.

Back
Top Bottom