How good is JPMorgan for fixed income?

Fotodog

Recycles dryer sheets
I’ve been a long time Chase customer for my brick and mortar bank and have been happy with their service. I’ll soon have a nice chunk of change coming from the sale of my work condo and need to open a brokerage account. My first thought was to use Schwab, where I have my IRA account. But I recently saw that I can open a JPMorgan/Chase brokerage account (with a $700 bonus) that links easily to my Chase checking account. I like the idea of simplicity and keeping my accounts to a minimum.

I thought it would be a simple matter to go to a branch and see what their online trading platform looked like. I was wrong. No one locally, or at corporate HQ can let me temporarily log in as a guest.

I specifically want to see if they offer a good selection of fixed income offerings; corporate bonds, treasuries, CD’s. If they don’t have a good selection, I’ll stick with Schwab.

I would appreciate any insight, or if it’s not too much trouble perhaps a screenshot of a typical day’s offerings that don’t show any personal information. Thanks!

I think you already have your answer. IMO the big banks in general are not good homes for small retail investors (<$10M). Their lack of interest in helping you evaluate them as a customer is, again IMO, an indication.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. It would be a self directed account.

I talked with yet another local branch and was told that the only way to see what’s available is to open an account, she couldn’t even access the fixed income listings from her office. That boggles my mind.

It would be great if they did have better access to new issues, but I certainly don’t plan on opening an account to find out. Hopefully someone here has experience with them, otherwise I will stick with Schwab.

I went with Schwab and Fido... you can easily link your checking accounts to any broker as far as I know... the only difference being is how fast money gets to your checking...

As for bonus money, go to ETrade and get the big promo amount and see if they will match... Schwab did for me and I will try Fido soon...

https://us.etrade.com/what-we-offer/how-it-works/promo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom