How many of you smoke?

I think a man will overuse cologne/after shave much more than a woman will overuse perfume/cologne. Thank goodness the vast majority of men and women don't use either one.

I especially enjoy it when folks splash on the stinky stuff and then get aboard an aircraft where we're all locked inside that aluminum tube together. Ladies/gents--have some consideration!

I especially enjoy it when folks splash on the stinky stuff and then get aboard an aircraft where we're all locked inside that aluminum tube together. Ladies/gents--have some consideration!

Hey, I remember when there was a smoking section on planes. No consideration there.

Young and pretty is one thing but stinky and stupid is something else.:cool:
I don't know, there is the concept of a trump card. :)

And in general, if somebody smells bad it is not a woman. I've been dancing for years, and only twice has my partner smelled- but the women complain about men's poor hygiene frequently.

Ha

Maybe, but anyone who smokes, smells. Nothing they can do about it except stop smoking.

My wife's sister just passed away because she couldn't quit smoking and needed a transplant. Even faced with the fact that she would not receive the transplant unless she quit smoking and would die if she didn't, she was unable to quit. Tobacco is truly more addictive than heroin. It's free choice to start smoking, but quitting? Not so much. However, I do have a friend who can smoke only in the evenings with drinks and can not smoke whenever he chooses. He eats horribly and drinks every day (with smokes). He's 87 and just built a boat. He must have some remarkable genes. Most of us aren't so lucky.

I was really glad when they prohibited smoking on planes. All that oxygen in a confined space at 30,000 feet...then add human carelessness...:nonono:

Agree, Freebird. I can remember when I first started my career, I was traveling over 150,000 miles a year, every year. If there were three rows in First Class, Row 3 was the smoking section. Coach was 15 rows of non-smoking seats, followed by a dozen rows of smoking seats. The entire plane smelled like smoke, it was costly for the airlines to exchange the air so it just lingered. I remember people falling asleeep with cigarettes in their mouths, seats burned, fights over the vents, etc. It was crazy.

I'd get off a long flight, eyes burning, throat raw, smelling like I'd spent all night on a bar stool in a smoke-filled tavern. The transpacific flights to Asia were the worst, people would buy duty-free cigarettes and then try to smoke the whole carton before the plane landed, it seemed.

The sanity started when smoking was outlawed on flights under two hours. I used to fly GEG-DEN a lot, United flew it as 1:58, non smoking. Continental flew it as 2:02 as a smoking flight. (guess who my carrier of choice was?)

Good luck to all you smokers who are trying to quit. It's a terrible addiction, one that killed both my parents; it was like watching a suicide play out in 40-year slow motion...:(

As bad as flying on a smoking flight was, if they ever allow cell phone use in airplanes that will be even worse. My guess is the airlines will charge big bucks for cell phone minutes, and charge extra to anyone who wants to sit in the "phone free" section. It will be a win-win for them.

I wish every young person who smoked would go to a cancer ward or a cancer center and listen to the stories told by the smokers on what's it's done to their longevity, their quality of life, and their family. Maybe they would break the habit before it became a habit.

I can't remember the documentary I was watching a month or so ago. It was about the poverty in America and how people in these regions have a difficult time finding work. I remember this one mother (several kids) telling about having to go to the food pantry to feed her kids. Then she pulled out her pack of cigarettes and talked about how unfair it was for her kids to go hungry.

I can't remember the documentary I was watching a month or so ago. It was about the poverty in America and how people in these regions have a difficult time finding work. I remember this one mother (several kids) telling about having to go to the food pantry to feed her kids. Then she pulled out her pack of cigarettes and talked about how unfair it was for her kids to go hungry.

Martha should be along shortly to straighten you out...:LOL:

I wish every young person who smoked would go to a cancer ward or a cancer center and listen to the stories told by the smokers on what's it's done to their longevity, their quality of life, and their family. Maybe they would break the habit before it became a habit.

Substitute "drug addiction" for "habit" and you will be more closely aligned with reality.

As bad as flying on a smoking flight was, if they ever allow cell phone use in airplanes that will be even worse. My guess is the airlines will charge big bucks for cell phone minutes, and charge extra to anyone who wants to sit in the "phone free" section. It will be a win-win for them.

Worse than the smell of smoking, not in my opinion.

I also watched my Mom die a slow death from smoking. If so many people weren't getting paid off over this poision is would be against the law.

I don't smoke. The smell of it alone disgusts me. Then seeing my grandmother die of emphysema-related complications and $10/pack in new york. No way Jose.

Back
Top Bottom