Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.9%

• More than 17

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters
Zero. Certain topics bore me. But, I don't use the ignore feature. It is a forum. Say what you will. I might read it or I might yawn and move on to the next post. Next time you might post something interesting.

Don't ignore anyone. also don't use the phone to screen calls.

Only one, but it's been awhile so I might "un-ignore" that [-]idiot[/-] wonderful human being and see how it goes. Everyone deserves a second chance, but not a third...

I have 2 on my list.
1 of them feels they need to reply in every thread 12 times.
Another one repeats the same thing over and over.

I hope i'm not on anybody's ignore list seeing that this is my first post.

J

five including the unduly rude, the personal attacker, the full of crap and two because i just didn't feel the love.

With those 'qualities', how did you cull that list down to just five? ;) Assuming you can hear me, of course.

For me, ZERO on ignore. I've been tempted, but I've found that occasionally, a poster that seems to be a total waste of bandwidth will come up with a real jewel. I can skim/skip what I consider to be trash. I'd rather do that than miss something worthwhile. But that's just me.

-ERD50

FYI, six people ignore between 10 and 24 posters, though I would bet some of the ignored people have since left.
Another 14 people ignore between three and eight posters
24 (I'm one of the six) with a few candidates spotted for launch. I don't usually "Ignore" the [-]spammers sales staff[/-] newbies who are in the process of being recalibrated... the ones on my list have stuck around long enough to require some action on my part.

Does the "Ignore Poster" list clean itself of dupes or banned posters? I thought I had a few different versions of OAP on my list but the dupes seem to have been eliminated... as well as a few other posters who were subsequently banned.

That's one way to look at it. Here's another perspective:
I didn't have an ignore feature where I worked. Would have loved it.
Now that I'm retired, I do have an ignore feature....and I do love it.
Truly a win-win situation. :)
With my first few "ignorees" I was curious for a while and would end up clicking on the provided link to see what they had to say. This just confirmed for me that what they were writing was drivel (IMHO) and I was just raising my blood pressure unnecessarily. Since then I have trusted my judgment in this regard, and once someone goes on the list I rarely read what they have to say.
Also, I don't think it's been explained yet, but you still see new threads started by posters on your ignore list. The way the board software works it's also easier to read a single post from an ignored poster and/or remove them from your ignore list than it is to add them in the first place.
Exactly. Not only have I stopped checking on the "ignorees", I'd much rather be able to ignore any thread they start... as well as every thread in the Soap Box.

This board has grown too big to merit reading every post. I'd rather tailor it to [-]the way it used to be[/-] suit my interests.

Back
Top Bottom